If It Makes You Happy

𝕞𝕒𝕪𝕒

Tonight was amazing. Dillon finally slept through the night without waking up. I know that he's behind on that department, but it's amazing on how much he's doing in others, so it checks out in my book.

I get up around 9:30 and am pleased to smell waffles, remembering that today is Waffle Sunday. I sigh and smile, going into the kitchen.

"Morning Sunshine," Josh says as I sit down at the island as he slides a plate with a waffle on it. I smile in thanks and he nods.

"Morning Josh," I say, still half asleep.

"How'd you sleep?" he asks, pouring more batter into the waffle maker.

"Amazing," I say, "First night he's actually survived a night."

His eyes widen and he smiles, "Really?"

I nod and smile, "Yeah, hopefully he keeps it up."

He nods right as Gabi comes running into the living room, a huge smile on her face.

"Morning Mommy!" She exclaims, throwing her hands in the air.

"Morning baby," I say, smiling down at her lovingly.

"Dillon misses you," she says, making me smile even wider.

"Oh really?" I ask, clearly amused.

"Yeah, but he's been patient though," she says, "You need your sleep."

I nod and smile as I finish up my waffle, "Is he in your room?"

She nods and heads that direction, and I quickly follow her, but not without turning around for a second and smiling at Josh, which he returns as I turn back around and follow Gabi to their room. Right as I get in there, I see Dillon, with his fingers in his mouth, and I know that he needs to be fed. I walk over to him and pick him up, him immediately starting to do his little coos at me.

"Good morning to you too," I say, in my little baby voice. He reaches out to me and I nod and smile, "Okay, I get it. You don't wanna chit chat."

Gabi laughs as Dillon coos his little "Ahh!" Signaling a yes.

I bring him over to the rocking chair and sit down, pointing to Dillon's blanket in his crib and looking at Gabi, "Can you grab that for me please?"

"Yes mommy," she nods, going over to his crib and grabbing it, coming straight back and handing it to me.

"Thanks sweetie," I smile, and she smiles too. I then lift up my shirt and cover myself with the blanket, and I position myself for Dillon to latch on, and about a minute after trying to position him correctly, he finally latches on. Thank god, I was getting nervous that he wasn't going to do it again.

That I wasn't good enough.

╞═══════════╡❀╞═══════════╡

After about 5 million conversations with Gabi to keep her entertained and 15 minutes later, I hear Dillon's muffled little coos from under the blanket, signaling that he's done and ready to go.

I put the blanket down after I fix my shirt, putting the blanket down and standing up. I then grab Dillon's pacifier and give it to him, keeping him content. I grab Gabi's hand and say, "Okay Gabi, time for us to have that much needed girls day."

As we walk out of the room, Gabi smiles her huge smile, just like Riley, and goes "Yay!", putting her hands up in the air just as Riley does. I laugh lightly and bring her out into the main area, grabbing her hand with my free one, the other holding Dillon.

"All set?" Josh asks as we walk into the living room.

"Yup, he should be all set for at least the next few hours," I say and he nods.

"Great," he says.

I smile and walk over to him, still with both Dillon and Gabi at each side. I sit right next to him and whisper, "Any chance you could take Dillon to Cory and Topanga's or to the café?"

"Why? Everything okay?" He whispers back.

I nod and smile, "Everything's perfect,  I just think that Gabi deserves a night where she has me all to herself, a girls night if you will."

He laughs a little and nods, "Okay, I'll take this little guy to Cory and Topanga's, and keep myself out of the house for a few hours?" He says as he points to Dillon and pokes him a little right in his tiny chest, making Dillon coo.

"That would be amazing," I gush, smiling at him in appreciation.

"Then I will," he says, taking little Dillon from my arms and starting to burp him with Dillon's blanket on his shoulder. He then stands up, "Just text me when it's okay for us to come home."

I smile and stand up with him, "Thank you." I then let my emotions get the better of me and I hug him. I then quickly notice what I just did and pull away a few seconds later and look down, embarrassed, so I mumble, "Sorry, I-I just-"

I start but then Josh cuts me off, "It's fine Maya, don't worry about it," he says, but then shortly after he mumbles under his breath, "I kinda liked it."

I blush a little, then quickly realize that I probably wasn't supposed to hear that, so I put on a brave face and act as if I ever heard it, and it never happened, "Anyways, it means a lot that you'd do this for me."

He smiles and nods, "If it makes you happy, it's no problem at all."

I smile and nod, and it's at this moment, when my heart melted at his words, I realized that I was falling into some deep sh*t.

We're friends.

Just friends.

He's Riley's uncle.

Nope, still in deep sh*t.

╞═══════════╡✿╞═══════════╡

Word Count: 955