Jealousy

𝕞𝕒𝕪𝕒

Just as I'm about to say it in return, someone else says it.

"I love you too."

What the-

I quickly realize it's coming from his jacket, so I bring him into the shade, underneath a tree by his collar and take his phone. I then see exactly what I don't want to see.

'My love'

Obviously not me, I left my phone at home. This guy-

He takes his phone from me with an angry look on his face, and I get scared immediately.

"Chloe?!" he says into the phone, anger prominent in his voice.

╞═══════════╡❀╞═══════════╡

𝕛𝕠𝕤𝕙

"Hey love," she says, "Love to hear your voice again."

My jaw clenches together, "What do you want."

"Oh, it's not what I want, it's what you want," she says innocently, "You called me."

Damn it, I must've butt-dialed her. Why didn't I just block her? Ugh.

"No I didn't, and you know that," I say, "And I don't love you, you're not in my life anymore for a good reason."

"Stop denying it, you know that y-" she says, but then I hang up and look at Maya, who has tears on the verge of letting loose.

"Maya," I sigh, pretty much catching her in my arms as she falls apart again, "Maya, I love you, I'll never love her as much as I do you. I don't love her anymore, and I'm happy that I broke up with her because I realized once I did she was not the one and she is resilient, and refuses to accept the fact that we're over. I love you, my hummingbird."

"I love you too," she chokes out, wrapping her arms around me, "We need to talk later though; we both deserve explanations."

"Okay, but now, we need to go to your best friend and my brother; they're really worried about you, like I was," I say, and she lifts her head, a smile threatening to come on her face.

"Riles is here?" she asks, and I nod. A smile immediately comes on her face as I wipe her tears that were falling down her cheeks just a minute or so ago. I lace our fingers together as I place my phone back in my pocket, just as the rain slows down and stops when we get over to the entrance where Cory and Riley are still there. Her smile widens even more when Riley and her make eye contact. She goes in front of me and I reach my arm out, letting go of her hand to let her go to Riley. She smiles back at me and quickly turns back around, going straight into the arms of her best friend.

"Oh Peaches," Riley says, rubbing Maya's back, "Are you okay?"

Maya nods as they pull away, "Yeah, I'm okay Riles."

She turns back to me again and smiles. Riley whispers in her ear and Maya blushes, not breaking our eye contact.

"Okay lovers, stop staring at each other and just go over to each other, it's getting kind of weird," Riley says, making me laugh lightly and smirk at her. She rolls her eyes and comes back over to me. I wrap my arm around her waist.

"Kissy kissy," Cory teases, and I shoot him a glare as Maya and Riley laugh. Cory continues to smirk, and I decide to go along with it. I smirk back at him as I pull Maya in front of me, making Riley and Maya go quiet as I place a soft, gentle kiss on her lips, which she returns, but not without giving a millisecond of not kissing me back, but I know that's just because she wasn't expecting it.