Tee

𝕞𝕒𝕪𝕒

* time skip, 2 months; Dillon is 8 1/2 months old *

It's probably been the best 2 months in my life; Josh and I have never been closer, and Gabi has been doing great in school. Also, Dillon's getting easier, which is such a relief. But then school has been really easy since finals are soon, so the teachers don't have anything left to teach us.

Right now, I'm on the floor with Dillon as he plays with Gabi's owl, flying it around like an airplane. Recently, we've been showing him what things do, like how birds fly and bears roar, that sort of thing.

"Hoo!" Dillon squeals, and I laugh lightly as he continues to fly Moony around. He loves his animal sounds.

"That's right," I praise, and Dillon looks at me with a huge grin on his face.

He then reaches out to his teething toy from his swing, which he figured out how to take it off, and I gave up with trying to put it back on since he would just reach out for it again. I smile and hand it to him, and he hands me Moony as he immediately grabs the teething toy and puts it in his mouth, chewing away. He leans forward from his position where he was sitting upright to now on his tummy, keeping all his focus on his teething toy as he chews away.

"Dillon," I say, and his head looks up to me, and I smile, opening my arms, "Come to mama."

He smiles widely as he momentarily takes his teething toy from his mouth as he crawls over to me and onto my lap, putting it right back in.

"Love you bud," I mutter, and he smiles and turns so his chest his facing mine, immediately falling against my chest, wrapping his tiny arms 'around' me as he continues to chew his toy.

My heart melts as I wrap my arms around his still tiny frame.

This baby will be the death of me, I swear.

Just then, I hear a knock on the door. I smile and get up, keeping Dillon in my arms, but replacing his teething toy with his binky (aka his pacifier) as I walk over to the door and open it.

"Hey Maya, I just thought I could stop by; I'm bored. Can you tell?" Farkle says, and I laugh lightly as I adjust Dillon against my hip. Farkle's eyes widen as he looks over to Dillon. The last time he saw Dillon was when we had that day out with the Matthews family and him. I've seen him since then of course, but I don't like to bring Dillon to Topanga's to see the gang, cause I know them, and all we'll end up talking about is Dillon.

Don't get me wrong; I love to talk about him, but I like to use those times at Topanga's to spend some time with my friends, talking about them and their lives, not mine and my kids'.

"Oh my god," he breathes out as I let him in, his eyes still on Dillon, "He's so big!"

"I know right," I say.

"Can I please hold him? I haven't seen him in so long," he says, and I agree, but when I go to hand Dillon over to Farkle, Dillon's not having it. He grabs ahold of my shirt and holds on for dear life, starting to squirm.

As soon as I see him do this, my brows knot together.

He loves Farkle.

"Bud, it's just Farkle: Mommy's friend," I whisper, and Dillon relaxes a bit, but I can tell he's still a little scared.

I sigh and hand him to Farkle, and he lifts Dillon up in the air, "Hey buddy, you're sooo cute!"

He taps his nose and Dillon smiles, making my heart melt.

"Can you give me two seconds? I gotta get some food for him," I say, and Farkle nods.

But the second I start to walk away from them, going behind Farkle and into the kitchen, Dillon starts to squirm and my head whips around, and my heart breaks as I see tears starting to form as Farkle panics and bounces him lightly, but Dillon's not having it at all. I quickly turn back around, trying to be as quick as possible.