Chapter 11 "Indemnius Spirit Crystal"

This was my third day since Grussel drove me out of the base. After that, I hadn't met with any members' Dark Night' at all. Likewise Dimas. I wonder what he was doing now. The town wasn't too big. We could easily meet or cross path with each other, let alone this Aunt Saantya's clinic building, which not too far away with the hunter base. Perhaps he had forgotten of his best friend.

Even though I wanted to be accompanied by someone in a dull time like this. I couldn't disturb Kak Shella or my other friends. They were working during the day like this. Only the hunter had long spare time when the sun was still shining. Of course, I couldn't just visit them. The bastard old man indeed would drive me away.

I let out a long sigh. Staring out the window of my room, which was on the third floor in a large building behind the clinic. Not much could be seen from here. Just buildings that built so close each other and people passing below. Actually, I wanted to buy something. But got canceled after saw inside my purse. A single piece of silver coin and one bronze coin. I was really flat broke right now.

Being a hunter was fun because it always got a challenge every day. But it wasn't balanced with the income. Most of the sales of the game were for the group's saving-or even eaten by Grussel himself. The remaining bucks divided equally on all members, whether they participate in the hunting or not.

In fact, I could find another job to improve my life. There were a lot of job offers from friends. For example, of the twins Vani and Vian. Two sisters were offering me to become a waiter in the restaurant they work at, the salary was about four silver coins each month. It could make me buy anything I wanted. Not only that, but there was also an offer to become officers at the Glafelden Town Trade Bureau. But I didn't accept it.

Two main reasons kept me out of jobs at this town. One, because of my actual race, Haier-Elvian. If I changed my occupation, only a matter of time until my new coworkers found out my true identity. Maybe they wouldn't accept me like members of 'Dark Night' did. They indeed would discriminate me. That was my strong reason not to further engage with the town people. The second reason was, by becoming a hunter, I could go to any place I wanted. Perhaps by then, I could find answers to a phenomenon that I had. While finding a way to return to the homeworld.

Although the chance was thin, I...

"Anggi, are you awake!?"

Suddenly a surprising voice coming from behind. When turned toward the door, I found Kak Shella was in there. While both hands holding the basket containing the clothes that had been washed clean and neatly ironed.

"Eh, Kak Shella! Yes, just now."

"Have you wash your face?"

I nodded.

"But your face was still tangled," uttered her, glaring at me.

"L-Looks like because I overthink about many things."

"What's it about?"

I shook my head slowly. "It's not important. Forget it! By the way, aren't you working at the clinic?"

"My work shift starts later in the afternoon. So I take the morning to wash clothes. If you need extra clothes, just say to me. I'll prepare it for you."

"No, really! I don't wanna bother you again."

Kak Shella paused, then smiled thinly. "Anggi ... do you think this little thing bothers me? Rather than what you already have done for other friends and me? C'mon! You don't need to feel embarrassed. Just ask me if you need anything."

I sighed. On the second thought, it wasn't too bad if continuing to refuse help from others. Moreover, Kak Shella likely to be forcing me to rely on her during my hard times like this.