Chapter 14 "Special Ability"

"Hunting? You gonna hunting right now?" Dimas looked at me in disbelief.

I nodded slowly." Tomorrow night Grussel let me back to join the hunting. After a week of not doing anything, I'm afraid if my reflex and ability reduced. Besides, I'm not a good hunter. I need personal training. You should know that."

"But it's dangerous if you crossing the Elvian region."

"Of course not. I won't go there, just the woods around the town," I said with a big smile.

The man sighed softly and patted my head. "Okay, but one condition. I come with you to make sure you are okay."

"No problem."

The sky now complete fell to the dark, the evening ray lines in the sky had vanished. Under the field of stars, we left the tower. Took a walk toward the base of Dark Night.

About half an hour of walking, we finally arrived. I waited in front of the store next to the base, while Dimas went fetch my weapon. I still in punishment period right now. If I forced to went inside, Grussel would drove me out again and probably would add the sentence. The old man was discipline once a matter of time. Even though just one minute, it was considered late for him. I already had hit by him many times because my hunting time passing the deadline he gave.

Fifteen minutes passed. Dimas crept out through the back door. It would undoubtedly become a big question when he was caught carrying my bow out of the base. I immediately put on my hunting equipment. I hanged a foot-long dagger at the waist. Then the quiver and a short bow on the back.

"Let's go!" I said excitedly. We hurriedly left the place and headed out of town.

Looking at Dimas, he also had armed himself with a short sword. That thing often used to finish off our game. Besides learning about hunting, we were also taught about self-defense and how to use weapons in the Dark Night. Dimas chose sword art because in Wushu he had mastered at, have the sword course. So, he already knew the basics. Or so he thought.

While the reason I chose the archery because I was inspired by the various video games. Every time playing fantasy adventure games, I always selected archer. Because I thought it was very cool. The second reason was my new body. Now I am no longer a human being, but Haier-Elvian. A race who had super sharp hearing and vision. With these privileges, becoming an archer was suitable for me.

"Hey!" Said Dimas.

"What?"

"We won't hunt for long. Just find one deer, then go home."

"Yes, yes," I said lazily.

Honestly, I was quite annoyed by his character. Too anxious about something. He was like a mother who worried every time her son went to play out.

After a long walk, I saw the western town gate. I greeted the guards who were standing over the gate. They already knew that we were hunter. I wondered what Grussel did, maybe he bribed, or even threaten them. These guards always welcoming us when we passed the gate. Just telling Grussel's name, they would let you passed the gate.

The frenetic began fading little by little when my back away from the town gate. Only the rustling sounds of insects and dried autumn leaves blown by the wind that existed right now. The trees here didn't grow too tight, because some of area around here has been cleared to open fields. The flickering light of fireflies led us in the dark rice field. Continuing toward the edge of the woods.

My feet stepped on solid ground when I got in the entrance of the woods. Small stones scattered about as if it wanted to harm anyone who wasn't careful.