Chapter 22 "The Mysterious Black Box"

As I turned towards the source of the voice, my eyes caught the appearance of a familiar person. A figure of a man waving from across the river next to the fence that bordered the big bridge. He immediately ran over the stone bridge.

I recognized him when the distance between us shortened. The man ran past several merchants with their cargoes who were probably about to sell merchandise to Elvian territory. For a moment, the man seemed to have grazed a cargo. Of course the owner was angry, the man immediately apologized.

What an impatient man! Running haphazardly like a child, even though he could do it more carefully. That's how Dimas, my only best friend.

Seeing him heading here with a happy face made me couldn't help to run towards him. Dimas immediately hugged me tightly. The anxiety and worry he felt rushed through his arms. As if he didn't want me out of his eyes again. After all that had happened, I clearly understood his feelings. Me, too. So happy to see him again after a while.

I also returned the hug.

"How do you know I return today?" I asked curiously.

"Since that day, I've always been waiting for you here. Hope you'll come back someday." The man's voice sounded heavy in my ears. His breath tickled the exposed nape of mine. "I didn't expect this day to come."

*****

See more in Good Novel, thanks. :)

https://www.goodnovel.com/book/31000147140