Chapter 38 "Unexpected Situation Late at Night"

It had been drizzling down the mountainside since the afternoon, soaking the leaves and tree trunks above my head. Luckily, Dimas and I were able to make a tent out of tarpaulin just before the rain started, so there was no need to be afraid that the water would wet my body.

This emergency tent wasn't too big, only enough to accommodate three people and the belongings. Because of this narrow space, Dimas, Kak Shella, and I arranged for our bags to be placed in the middle of the tent so they wouldn't get wet. That was what made me make peace with the splash of rain that fell on the ground.

A breezy wind tickled my nape, creating a chill that enveloped my body. Knowing our journey would climb up the mountain, I had prepared myself by bringing a jacket from Glafelden Town. Even though I'd put it on, it still couldn't resist the freezing cold. Naturally, this cheap jacket for twenty pieces of bronze was made of thin material. Maybe it was no different than normal clothes.

For a moment, I regretted my decision to choose this jacket. I was tempted by the model was so cool. Though, I'd be able to get a thick jacket for the same price. Just look at Dimas! The man didn't seem cold at all in his thick jacket. We shopped together right before going on an adventure. If only I had listened to his advice, maybe I wouldn't have been this cold.

"What are you looking at?" asked Dimas, who noticed my gaze.

"I'm cold. Wanna exchange jackets?"

***Read more in Good Novel, thanks. 😊https://www.goodnovel.com/book/31000147140