Chapter 43 "A Tender Feeling"

I sat limply in front of the teenager Elvian, lying helplessly. The sign of life in his eyes faded away, his breath getting weaker. It was only a matter of time until he lost his life.

But is this correct?

Is killing someone the right thing to do at this time?

At first, I just wanted to paralyze him. I never thought the arrow I let out would thrust into his chest. Oh, my god! I didn't want to see someone die in front of my eyes because of me. Imagining the grief that the Elvian family had to go through instantly made my chest hurt.

I knew I couldn't be naive. In this journey, there must be a time for me to take the lives of others. But not so fast as this. I wasn't ready to bear the responsibility and guilt of killing people.

Deep down, I wanted this teenage Elvian to stay alive. If only I could—.

"...-ggi. Anggi!!!" Suddenly Dimas' screams echoed in my ears. It was as if the voice had just emerged from the silence.

"Eh, wh-what?" I stammered, trying to pay attention to Dimas' expression.

"Get out of the way so Shella can help her!"

When I looked ahead, Shella was already there. The girl sat across from me and supported the head of the teenage Elvian with her hands. She tried to make Elvian drink something I didn't know. I tried to understand the situation but couldn't. Whereas previously, Shella hid behind tree roots to avoid fighting, now she was sitting beside Elvian.

At that instant, a great force tugged at my arm forcibly, making me inevitably have to stand up to follow the pull direction. My eyes stared at Dimas. The man showed his angry expression in front of me.

"I've shouted at you many times earlier, but you didn't hear at all," cried Dimas, trying to explain that I wanted to know. "I want to take you away. But you seem pretty shaken up, so I thought you didn't want this guy to die. So I called Shella to help him. Let's hope he doesn't draw his spear at us after we give him another chance to live!" he snorted.

***Read more in Good Novel, thanks. 😊https://www.goodnovel.com/book/31000147140