Chapter 04 "Juiller World part 1"

The rustle of dry leaves, with the gentle wind, became the background sound in this forest. The forest currently covered by eerie darkness, but that was precisely needed in this hunting. Therefore, many exotic nocturnal creatures would be away when it saw a bright light.

With the dim moonlight and the stars hanging in the sky, I solidify walked down the path to the deepest jungle. The place we were headed was filled with lots of dangers. In addition to the unknown beasts, there was a big chance we would encounter the Elvian army.

For humans, the darkness like this made it very difficult to walk. Moreover, coupled with the many tree roots that crossed above the ground. If not careful, even experienced hunters would fall and maybe scared the prey.

However, it didn't apply to me who was a mix of human and Elvian. My eyesight was running as good as during the day. My both eyes could penetrate the dense of the dark night. I could know what was in front of me up to several tens of meters. So it could run without worrying about tripping over the roots of trees or other things.

"Hey, Anggi! You're so fast!" Said Dimas.

I immediately turned to him and my hunting members. They left far behind, trying to chase me with full of awareness.

"Sorry! I'm too excited!"

"This woman seemed to forget if she is now among human beings. Shitty Haier-Elvian!" Grumbled Igresti. The skinny man's cheek was increasingly gaunt when he cursed.

After received his chain of insults, I continued to walk which had been halted before. Then equate my speed with theirs. We look like a group of soldiers who were sneaking into enemy territory. Hiding in the shadows and blend with the silence. My heart was pounding a lot.

A second later, there was a scraping sound from the bush in front of me. Although the noise was small and hardly be heard by human ears, I could still hear that sound, though very tiny. I gestured to hide. Alerting my hunting members in case it was the prey or the worst, the Elvian patrol soldiers.

As hunters, meeting and confronting them were the risk we had already known. Since the forest where we hunt was Elvian region. The humans and that long-ear race didn't have a good relationship throughout history. There was always some strifes every time they met each other. If I wasn't mistaken, that's all the aftermath of a great battle between the two sides that has occurred several thousand years ago. Supposedly in the long span, the hatred could already be devoured by time. But it seemed the opinion of mutual hatred had already rooted in the blood of both races.

"It seems that is the prey. Can you see what's there?" Jaester pointed to the bushes in front of me.

I nodded. Then covered my head with the robe hood. Leaving those men who hide behind a large tree trunk. Then peeked into the spot. The bushes were moving abnormally. Looks like this was a prey. I didn't think there would be any human or Elvian hiding in the short shrub.

Knowing that I immediately took an arrow from the quiver, and tried to pull the bow like Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games movie. My eyes remained focused on the target, and got ready to release the arrow without hesitation. We would be lucky enough if we got four-horned sheep because that animal was usually located near the Elvian town. The black market and collectors would surely pay very high for its horns and nails. Perhaps, I could live with 'luxury' for a few weeks.

However, it seemed I was forced to get rid of that dream. Came out of the bushes wasn't a game that we expected, but only a rabbit. The creature was all white and fluffy like cotton. Although slightly bigger than the ordinary rabbit, it didn't prevent my intention to touch its soft fur. This was the first time I've seen such an animal, I thought it was natural for me to fell in love at first sight with the rabbit.