Chapter 05 "Juiller World part 2"

In a small and moist room with low light, I sat on hard wooden chairs. The length of its four legs was unequal, my body repeatedly shook when I wanted to change position. The feeling of unease and fear enveloped my heart. Not because of frightening aura of assorted weapons on display throughout the walls, or the creak of rodents above the ceiling that could fall at any time. However, due to the presence of a big man sitting behind the desk in front of me.

Both his hands were on the table. As if deliberately showed off perfect muscles that form over the shoulder until the arms. The singlet he wore made the sexy impression though he was already in the fifties. His mustache and beard were the most abundant sources of this intimidation. It would make anyone who saw will give respect to him. Of course. Because he was Grussel, the group leader of hunters named 'Dark Night' in this city. The existence of the hunter group was a secret. Just a bit of people knew about it. While for most people, Grussel was respected as a former warlord of the kingdom.

His eyes looked at me quietly, yet deadly. If the gaze could kill someone, maybe I've died a hundred times because of it.

He slowly raised both hands to prop up his chin. "Earlier, Igresti told this to me. But I'd like to hear directly from you. Anggi..." His voice was heavy, and there was little emphasis tone when he called my name. "Was it true that you screwed up at the hunting last night?"

I immediately cast a glance at Igresti who sat beside Grussel, that man stared at me cynically. A sly smile knotted on his lips, obviously directed at me.

"That bastard! Looks like he has a personal grudge to me. If so, he should resolve by face me. Not to knock me down on leader's face like this!" I cursed inside my heart.

Grussel cleared his throat. Demanding for an answer that came from my mouth. Shit! I'm a dead man. Igresti indeed a big mouth, I was sure he added another 'spicy seasoning' to his story that told to the boss. But it couldn't be denied if the crux of the problem was purely my fault.

Sweat poured from my forehead drop by drop. Because of Grussel's big intimidation, the fear enveloped me. My mouth couldn't speak a word. My eyes were not able to look at him. Only keep waiting 'till the time was over. Until finally Dimas who since been standing on the side, touched my shoulder. Gave a glimmer of warmth to get rid of the confusion in my heart. His eyes looked at me softly. A faint smile appeared on his face.

"Boss! I knew Anggi wrongdoing. Precisely what was said by Igresti. I have to admit. Indeed it's a stupid mistake. But can you forgive her?" Dimas said in a firm voice. Even not consumed by crazy intimidation of Grussel.

Grussel glanced on the man who opposed him. "You ... want to be a hero for her? Do you think it would solve everything?"

"Certainly not. But please reconsider, thinking we hadn't been in this world too long. It's definitely there are a lot of things we don't know. So, I beg your wisdom!"

"Do you know? I hate failure."

The muscular old man was obviously upset. He stood up from the rickety chair. Knocking sound echoing in this narrow room when he walked over. His eyes were grim. As ready to punch anyone in his way. Grussel stopped right in front of Dimas.

He looked at the young and handsome man standing before him from top to bottom. Afterward, he smiled wryly.

"You're probably right. I knew the feeling of being in an unfamiliar place. When I was a soldier, I engaged with a platoon to infiltrate the Green Continent." When his voice muffled, he continued to amble around us.

"The forest is very different from what I knew. Trees walked like humans, tendrils of the trees danced as in the party. I swear, it's the weirdest place I've ever seen. The result, not many of us who survived. When facing the enemy, the information is the primary weapon. How many enemies, how tough they are, what weapons they have. So remember this if you want to be a real warrior." Grussel put his hand on the Dimas's shoulder. "You have to know the ins and outs of your enemies before conquering them. I hope this would be a lesson to you."