Chapter 15 "Fate Encounter"

Some moments had passed. The pain in my head vanished little by little. No longer hurt as much as before, my consciousness began returned. Set in the night sky with stars, the foliage moved quickly, such as falling from a waterfall. The floor surface where I laid down repeatedly shaken violently.

I glanced around. Dozens of wooden boxes and baskets were neatly arranged. Only one box next to me was broke apart and spilling its contents.

No doubt, I was in the cargo where I fell.

When trying to get up, the pain came back. My hand immediately holding my head until the pain was gradually disappeared by itself. I sat in one corner. The cargo wall was quite high. Even though I was standing, I still couldn't see the rider nor outside. The opened roof made the cold wind wrapped my body. I was shivering with cold. Then drew a cloth that covered a wooden basket in order to keep the body warm.

I rechecked my own body carefully. In addition to ensuring that all parts of me were still intact, I found my short bow broken. Maybe crushed when I was falling. Similarly, some arrows in my quiver, leaving only a little that could be counted by finger.

I lifted my head upwards. I didn't know where was the cargo going. All I could do was waiting until it stopped. I couldn't just jump off the cargo that run fast. Or my body would be severely injured. I dropped my gaze to the wooden floor. Sinking myself into the sea of memory. I remembered the last time, Dimas was trying to pursue this cargo. Wondering what he was doing now? Was he still pursuing this cargo?

But it seemed impossible. Only a crazy person who did it. It was unlikely that he would trouble himself that far. He was the type of person who lived simply. Suddenly I remembered when hunting some time ago, he was trying to lure the forest tiger with the rest of his dinner. Hoping luck would bring the tiger into the trap. I swear, it was foolish. Maybe this time, he returned to base and thought I'd be home by finding a way somehow. But deep down inside my heart, I hoped his anxiety trait came to his mind.

Honestly, I was afraid.

I wanted to be saved by him now.

*************

Time passed when I fell asleep. This cargo had a complete stopped. I rubbed my eyes, then blink repeatedly. I lifted my head upwards and found out the morning sky had come. Soft sunlight showering on my face. Stroking warmly with such was giving me strength.

A moment later, I heard the conversation outside the cargo.

"Hey! Don't drop it, stupid!"

"Sorry, Sir!"

The noise of the crowd sounded close. Similarly, the sound of footsteps, the clatter of metal, as well as items from other cargo that seemed to be around here. Made this forest into a crowded atmosphere.

"Hurry! Unload your cargo and put into Elvian carts, or they won't pay us!"

The words of one who heard like their leader made me flinched. Elvian? Wait, wait, wait! If not mistaken, Dimas said they were merchants of Northern Iuna Sigrotia. So they sneaked into Lurivia Kingdom to had a transaction with Elvian?

At the moment, I pondered, a sound of approaching footsteps startled me. I stood up, my instincts told me to immediately hide. Then deftly threw away my broken short bow into the corner of the cargo. Not forgot to return the cloth on a wooden basket to cover it.

This place didn't have much room to hide something big like me. Once someone came inside, I'd screwed. My gaze glanced into the surrounding. There was a wooden barrel that was quite large and looked solid. Without further ado, I opened the barrel and hide inside it. Unfortunately, it filled with a kind of wet pickles. As a result, now my whole body got wet and smelly like highly acidic liquid fermentation.