Chapter 17 "A Warm Light in the Underground"

A glimmer of dim light shone from the sidelines of the window curtains of an elongated house. This two-story building made entirely of wood is quite large. It was able to accommodate many people, but no one would want to live here. Look at here! This house was worse than a dog kennel. The front door looked old and difficult to close properly without a stone wedge, the walls were cracked almost all over the building, as was the roof with holes in it. Some of the wooden floors were already brittle and rickety, which could make your foot suddenly fell. Plus, no one knew if the toilet was still working. Believe it or not, this old building was the headquarters of the city's famous 'Dark Night' hunter group.

Located on the outskirts of a slum city and less attention by the government. This was a perfect place for sneaky hunters like them to hide. So don't be surprised if the crime rate here was very high. You could lose your wallet if you looked away, even for a moment. Even though you screamed, no one would help and care. Almost all the residents here were criminals or people who were blind to any crime.

In here, only jungle law applies, where the strong could oppress the weakling. It had become a common sight when there was theft or robbery in this place. However, none of the criminals dared to disturb the Dark Night's headquarters, which had almost collapsed. It was because of Grussel's existence.

Even though it was the most shrewd thief or robber in this area, no one had the balls to harass the former royal warlord. He was skilled in martial arts and good at using various weapons, likewise with all of his subordinates who inherited his martial arts techniques. Anyone with common sense wouldn't go near that tiger's den.

But out of a few people, there was one insane person who had guts to growl at Grussel. Even to the point of screaming loudly and pounding the table right in front of his nose.

"We have to save Anggi! It's been two days she hasn't come back. Two days, Boss! I'm tired of waiting!!" shouted Dimas while venting his emotions.

All members of the hunter were shocked by what he did. In an instant, silence enveloped the room. This place was where the Dark Night hunters held their briefing before going hunting. But unlike now, they weren't talking about hunting plans. They consulted to discuss the fate of one of their fellow member.

"You have to think carefully, dumbass! From the start, nothing could be done to save her," said Grussel persistently. His gaze was so sharp, it could shrink the guts of others.

But it didn't work for Dimas. The young man looked at his leader even more fiercely. "Is that the proper attitude of the leader towards his subordinates? Do you think of us as pawns that can be thrown away as you please!?"

Provoked by emotion, Grussel got up and immediately punched Dimas hard in the face. That poor young man immediately bounced back and bumped into Igresti, who was sitting on a wooden chair. A loud crash echoed through the air as Grussel kicked the table aside and crashed into the wall. His loud footsteps sound seemed to pound everyone's heart.

Then Grussel grabbed Dimas by the collar and lifted his body up. "How dare you talk to me like that, Dimas! I consider all of you as MY FAMILY!! I act firm to teach you how to survive in this harsh world. Of course, I feel lost. But you have to act logically.

"Listen to this, airhead! Anggi had probably been carried over to Ruvia City in the Elvian region right now. It's hard for us to save him. Indeed, I used to be the strongest in the kingdom. I used to break through to the enemy's territory and break down the enemy's defenses. But I'm not always the strongest.

"Remember that, motherfucker! Not forever! If only I could I wouldn't spend the rest of my life in a remote place hunting animals with chicks like you guys. What do you expect from a sluggish and weakened old man like me, huh? I'm also not going to let you or anyone else here go endanger yourself there. It's enough to lost one person, don't try to give me heavier thoughts. You understand, you damn brat!?"