Ch 26: The Talk

Theo's POV: 

Once we finally caught Sean, which took longer than we expected, Carter ended up getting the first. I figured I'd let him. Especially after everything that happened to Allison. I don't know how he handled everything. Having your mate upset is the worst thing and its even worse when you can't do anything about it. After he gets a few hits in, I stop him and take my one hit. I'm not that mad at me. He only irritated  Xavier a little. After that was over, we all made our way back to the pack house. It was a nice walk back to the house. We get back to the house and go our separate ways. I go to my room and get ready for bed. I get into bed and lay there for a while. I think I ended up staring at the ceiling for an hour before I got bored. I get up and decide to go for a run. Once I'm outside, I let Xavier take control which was probably a bad idea. Of course he takes us to Alex's house. We end up just laying in a bush and watching her house. I notice shes about to go to sleep and before she does, Xavier lets out a howl to let her know we're here. I hope it didn't scare her. After keeping watch on her house for an hour or so, I take control  and take us back home. I get back and go straight to bed. We don't have school tomorrow but I'm hoping if I text her, I can see her. Maybe she'll go for a run and I'll be able to see her there. I lay back down in bed and think of ways to see her tomorrow. I end up falling asleep after my fifth idea on how to see her. 

I wake up early and get into the shower. Once I'm out of the shower, I throw on some workout clothes and go downstairs. I find a bunch of food with Carter and Sean arguing over something. I walk in and grab some food. My hope was to slip out unnoticed but unfortunately I wasn't so lucky. Sean grabs me before I can slip away. 

"I bet even Theo here would agree with me. Chocolate chip muffins are far better than bran muffins. Bran muffins are for little old ladies who can't take a poop on their own." He says while looking in between me and Carter. Carter just lets out a sigh and shakes his head. 

"They're better for your health. Chocolate chip muffins are good but bran muffins are better if you're going to eat them everyday. I wasn't saying that I didn't like chocolate chip muffins. I was just saying they're good in the long run." I just shake my head. 

"This argument was about muffins? You've gotta be kidding me. I'm staying out of this." I go to leave when suddenly Sean calls out to me. 

"Wow aren't you a cranky old man. Maybe I'll just have to tell Alex all about your attitude lately." I stop and look at him. What does he mean tell Alex? Is he seeing her later? 

"Are you seeing Alex?" I look at him with a confused look on my face. Sean just lets out a smug smile and walks over to where Carter is standing. He throws his arm over Carter's shoulders then takes free hand and grabs Carter's face. 

"Did you know this little man has a day with his mate today?" Leave it to Sean to try and change the topic. 

"I didn't know that but that's great to hear Carter. Now back to my question Sean. Are you seeing my mate, who also happens to be your luna, today?" I try to not sound angry but I am. If he's with my mate I need to know. He would never hurt her on purpose but if anything ever happened to her I need to know who's with her so I can keep her safe. Sean notices my serious face and lets out a sigh. 

"Yes i am seeing your mate today. We are going to hang out then go to the mall. Since Allison is going to be busy with Carter today, Alex asked me if I wanted to do something today." He explains and I cant help but feel a bit jealous. Why didn't she ask me to go with her? Did I do something wrong? Is she mad at me?  Xavier growls at the thought of mate being mad at us. I don't blame him. I would be mad at him if Alex was mad at me because of something Xavier did. 

"If anything happens to her. I will end you. You're in charge of her safety. If she has so much as a scratch on her. I will let Xavier do whatever he wants to you. Are we clear?" Sean takes a big gulp and starts to nod frantically. He takes off and I'm guessing he's going to get ready. Leaving only me and Carter in the kitchen. Carter keeps eating his muffin and then looks at me. Sometimes I think he can tell what I'm thinking before I do. 

"Alex told me something yesterday and I dont know what to do now." I drop my head in between my hands while I rest on the kitchen island. 

"What did she say? Was it bad?" 

"That's the thing. I don't know. She mentioned stuff about how she would want to have all the information and not be lied to. That she likes to have all the information so she's able to make up her mind. And then she mentioned how I looked hurt after what she said. And I was hurt. I'm lying to her constantly and now I'm so concerned that she'll hate me after I tell her. She could hate me for telling the truth and then hate me for telling the truth and me being a monster."  I let out a huge sigh and just let my head hit the table. Carter walks over towards me and pats my back.

"I know this might be hard but maybe now would be a great time to actually tell her. She's practically have you a window in. You could go and be like, 'Remember when you mentioned me looking hurt after you made that comment about wanting all the information. I was hoping I could tell you why......blah blah blah,' or you could do something else. And I doubt she'd hate you. She's your mate for a reason." I stand straight up and nod. 

"You're right. I just dont know how to tell her. If I mess up telling her, she could completely hate me and never want to be around me again." 

"Ask your dad. He was alpha for a while. He has to know someone who had to tell their mates the secret." I smile at the idea. That would be perfect. I could ask him and then go from there. Plus since Alex will be with Sean all day shopping, she has to be in a  pretty good mood. I take off running towards Sean room. Luckily I catch Sean before he leaves. In fact, I almost bump into him. 

"Sean I need you to buy everything Alex wants today at the mall. Make it the best day that she's ever had and keep her busy. I think I might tell her today." I look him dead in the eyes and stare at him waiting for a response. 

"If Im buying whatever she wants, you're giving me your bank card. I refuse to pay everything and I also get to get a few things on your card." I hand him my card and all the cash I have. 

"My card will max out at $50,000 and nothing should be flagged. Please don't make my card out!" He nods his head and gives me a devious look. Something tells me I'm going to regret this. After giving Sean my card, I walk out of the house and put my shoes on. I leave the pack house and walk over to my parents house. I walk in and see my mom and dad in the kitchen making out like they're teenagers. I clear my throat and luckily they stop right away. Not after my dad growls at me for interrupting. 

"Dad could I have a word with you? Please it's kinda important." He kisses my mom and then starts to walk towards his home office. Once he gets in, he takes a seat and I take mine. 

"Let me guess. We're about to have the talk." He lets out a sly smirk and I already know I'm going to regret this.