Ch 1: The Bet

Theo's POV 

Today is the day that I have to pay up on the bet I made. I was stupid and I bet my friends that we could put dye in the pool without being caught. Luckily, since I am the alpha, I don't have detention but unfortunately that doesn't help with my bet. So here I am. Sitting in wolf form in the back of my beta's truck on the way to the only grooming salon in town.  

As we are getting closer and closer, my wolf (Xavier) is getting more and more antsy. I don't think he likes the idea of having to be groomed. He wont shut up so I put up the block so he can't give me a headache anymore. We're about a block away and I start to smell the most mouth watering amazing smell. It smells like fresh rain and vanilla. I start to try to sniff around for it. As my beta parks, I notice that the smell is coming from the groomer salon. 

I jump down and out and walk over to my beta. My beta and gamma start smirking and laughing. I look up to see them holding a leash and color. A pretty hot pink one at that and to make it worse, the collar says "hot thang." I am definitely  going to have to get them back for that. I let them put it in and I walk into the groomers. The second I am inside, I am meet with the most beautiful person I have ever seen. Then suddenly, my wolf breaks through and starts screaming "MATE MATE MATE!" I just stand there and stare. I can't help it and I am so engrossed in my staring that I don't even realize what is going on. 

After my gamma kicks me, I'm snapped back into reality. Turns out the other girl that there is my beta's mate.  Suddenly, my beta asks if we can add another dog to the grooming appointment. My mate looks at his mate and then my mate speaks. Her voice is perfection. I start to zone out again and next thing I know, my mate is holding my leash while my gamma and beta leave. I stare at her while she talks to her friend. Next thing I know, my beta comes in with a fancy blue collar on and he comes and sits next to me.  My gamma keeps talking and then next thing I know my mate is double checking with what my gamma has asked for. 

She takes the pages she just printed and starts telling my gamma what it is. She highlights stuff and while she's highlighting and talking, I can't help but listen to see what I am in for. 

"Okay so what you have asked for is a full groom. That includes a bath, blow dry, and also a trim. You also asked for use to do their nails, ears, and teeth so well do those as well. You said that you would like us to color them and unfortunately I am not sure how well that will work your one dog, but it should work on your other dog's paws. We also offer doggy day care so if you wish to have them wait for you in the day care center then we can put them in there instead of putting them in a kennel and we also need to know if you want us to put them in kennels or not to. Other than that, we have all the information. Also we need to know their names. You have forgotten to tell us." 

After my gamma tells them our wolve's names, I quickly mindlinked my gamma and told him to not have us put in kennels and to have us be with our mates at all times. I also told him that he should take his time to come back for us. Although, I am not happy about what I am going to have to undergo, I am happy about spending time with my mate. He leaves and were left with our mates. I cant help it, but my tail starts to wag. 

My mate takes our leashes and leads us into the back. Once were there, I know this is gonna be the best and worse time of my life. And I honestly can not wait.