Ch 27: At the Mall

Alex's POV: 

I wake up and get dressed into some running clothes. I walk downstairs and make a smoothie. I throw it into a travel mug and then leave a note that I'm going on a run real quick. I put in my AirPods and start running. I decide to just run around the town real quick and then I'll stop at the small coffee shop and grab a muffin or something before heading home. I end up being quicker than I thought so when I get home I'm not surprised that no ones up. I go back to my room and take a shower. When I get downstairs, I start to eat my muffin. While I eat my muffin, I scroll through social media and the news. I'm almost completely distracted by tiktok when suddenly Sean texts me. We chat a bit and decide to go to the mall today. After we're done talking, I finish my muffin and head to my room. It's a nice day but its chilly, so I decide to throw on some shorts and a cropped hoodie. I hurry up and finish getting ready and then I go and wait for Sean to pick me up. Not long after I'm done, I hear a honk so I grab my bag and keys making my way out. I get into Sean's car and we're off to the mall. The whole time we're just goofing off and singing along with the radio. Once we pull in, I tell Sean to park in the middle so that way we can go to all the stores. We get out and make our way to the stores. 

"Sooo Alex, did I tell you that Theo gave me his card to buy whatever you wanted." I stop looking through the racks and look at him. I thought he was joking but he had a serious look on his face. 

"Why would he do that? It's not a very funny joke if you're trying to joke around." He just shakes his head. 

"He's trying to work up the courage to ask you out so he's having me pay for an outfit for said date. And we're using his card because he kept insisting about it." I just nod my head.

"If he wanted to go on a date with me, he could've just asked. He doesn't need to buy me an outfit either. I'm more than capable to pay for it." Sean just shakes his head at me. 

"I promised him I would do it. If I don't, he'll probably murder me." I just sigh. I don't think there's a point in arguing about this. 

"Fine, but this is the only time I'm ever going to let him buy stuff for me." Sean just shakes his head at me like I'm crazy. "I'm serious you know. I don't want him to buy me stuff."

"You may not want him to buy you stuff but he's going to. He's going to want to spoil you and give you everything he can. So if I was you, I would get used to it." I shake my head and go back to looking through the racks. 

I think we shopped for about six hours and went to maybe twenty stores. We finish up and go out to eat before we go back to my place. Once we finish eating, we go to my house and he helps me unload everything I got. I ended up getting almost fifteen bags because every time I picked something, Sean would grab it and buy it. Even if I didn't think I needed it. After we got all the bags from the car into my house, Sean came in and we talked while I started to put the stuff away. 

"So I have a favor to ask you." For some reason, I get this weird feeling like I'm going to regret this.

"What's your favor?" He lets out a smirk and I'm now regretting this more than before. 

"I need a dog sitter for Xavier. I have to leave for the weekend and Luca can stay home alone but Xavier has been being problematic. So therefore I need a dog sitter." 

"If you wanted to ask me watch your dog, you could've just shown up at my work. We don't typically do weekend boarding but for you, I could make the exception."

"I kinda meant like would you be willing to dog sit him at your house. Not through the daycare. Obviously I'd pay you and Xavier seems to really like you so I was just hoping you wouldn't mind."

"I'll watch him. But I want you to do spirit week. You have to go full spirit week then." I can't seem him willing doing that. Our spirit week is kinda crazy and weird. 

"Fine but I'm paying you which means I don't have to one of the days. Deal?" I just smile and nod. This is going to be fun. 

After we finish putting everything away, I walk him out and we're still joking on the way out. I stand at my front door and watch as he gets into the car. Before he leaves, he looks at me and yells.

"Don't let Theo know that I told you about the date plan!" I just laugh and nod. 

"Your secret is safe with me. But if he doesn't ask me then you're taking me out." With that, he laughs and starts his car to leave. Once I see him leave my street, I make my way back inside and just goof off for the rest of the weekend. Maybe I'll get a dog. That way its not so empty here.