Ch 47: Betrayal

Alex's POV:

Theo and I stayed in the living room for a while and then put a movie on. When the movie finished, I looked over and saw that Theo was completely sound asleep. I shut off the tv and snuggled into his chest more and then began to fall asleep. Not too long after, I was awoken to Theo growling. I opened my eyes and saw a freaked-out Sean standing in front of us. I looked up and saw an annoyed-looking Theo. 

"Sean, what are you doing here? More importantly, how did you get in?" Theo kept his hard glare on him the entire time and seemed to get a bit more annoyed every second. 

"I need the both of you to come with me right this instance." Before we could even react, I'm being yanked from the couch and being dragged out of my house. By the time Sean is done yanking me, we're in his car, and he's pulling out. I don't think he realizes there's a very angry and annoyed Theo on his trail because when we pulled out and started on our way, he then turned to me and the realization must've hit him. "When we get there. Please please please protect me from him." I gave him a strange look and before I could even say a word. "I will do anything. I will even shift and let you do anything you want to my wolf. Please just protect me." He doesn't say anything and I take that as my cue to finally talk. 

"Fine, I'll 'protect' you." Sean lets out a big sigh of relief and then we finish the drive to Theo's house. 

We pull into the driveway and before we can even get out of the car, Theo is there and yanking me into his arms. I could feel him shaking with anger. From what I've learned recently, males don't like their mates being taken from them. Pair that with his IED, this could be an extremely awful combination. 

"Theo, I'm fine. Everythings fine. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." I hug him a little tighter as he placed his nose into my neck taking deep breathes. We stand there for a few minutes and then once he stops shaking, he turns me around and we both face. 

"You're lucky she's here and calmed me down or I would've ended you. If you ever take her from me again. I will not be held responsible for my actions." Sean immediately shakes his head. I lent back into Theo as we both looked at Sean. He still looks a bit scared that Theo might do something to him. 

"Sean? Are you going to tell me what you dragged us here for?" Sean then seemed to remember what the big deal was and went to grab me once again. However, unlike last time, Theo immediately growled and held me tighter. Sean seemed to get the idea and held his hands up in surrender this time. He then started walking and we followed. Just as we got into the door, he made the shush noise and put a finger to his mouth. Theo and I just rolled our eyes and followed along. 

As we followed Sean through the packhouse, I noticed that we were heading towards Carter's wing. Theo told me all about it. Each ranked member gets their own wing for privacy and their work. However, unlike Theo's wing, the beta and gamma share half of the wing. As we got closer, we heard laughing. I looked and Theo and he just shrugged. Once we got to Carter's door, Sean turned and made sure we were still with him. He then decided to be dramatic and count down with his fingers. Once all his fingers were down, he pushed the door open and yelled; "SEE!" We looked into the room and saw Carter and Allison cuddled up together goofing around. They immediately stopped once they saw us and Allison sat up and moved a bit away from Carter like she was doing something wrong. Carter growled at that. 

"This is what was so important you had to show us?" I looked at him like he was crazy. I then looked at Theo who just looked at the situation in front of us. 

"YES! How are we not talking about this? Carter got her to accept him! She wanted nothing to do with him! Now, look at them!!!" We looked at Sean like he was crazy. Theo just shrugged again and pulled me into him again. 

"Sean, I hate to break it to you, but it was kinda obvious with how they've been lately." I noticed Sean look towards Theo like he was expecting him to say anything. I look up and just see Theo shrug again. I don't think he thinks it's a big deal. Sean then looked at Theo and realization seemed to hit him. 

"THEODORE RYAN DANIELS! Did you know about this the whole time?" Theo had a sly grin on his face and I had a feeling he knew something. 

"Yes, I knew. Not only is Carter my best friend and beta, but we also found our mates the same way and same time." Theo said as he pulled me closer to him. 

"Did you know  Alexandra Elizabeth Milano?" I just rolled my eyes. I regret telling him my middle name now. 

"Of course, I knew a little. Theo told me. We have no secrets in our relationship." Sean looks as if we just punched him in the face. He stands there for a second before he then just walks away from us. I go to follow but Theo holds me where we stand. I look up at him and he just shakes his head. 

"Give him some time. He needs time to process." I let out a loud sigh and nodded. Theo and I were just about to leave so Carter and Allison could go back to doing their own thing, but before we could, Allison and Carter called for us.