Ch 29:Talking w/ Theo

Alex's POV:

After hanging out with Sean yesterday, I figured it would be smart to just have a nice relaxing day to myself tomorrow. I got ready for bed and then almost immediately, went to sleep. Who knew Sean could shop more than Ally. 

I end up having the most restful sleep I've had in a while. I must've been really exhausted. I got out of bed and hopped into the shower. Once I was done, I checked my phone for the time and the weather. As usual, I woke up around seven. I noticed that it was going to be rainy on and off today so I figured I'd get my run in now while it was clear. I threw on some leggings, a sports bra, and then a rain jacket just to be safe. I walked downstairs and to my surprise, Dylan was actually there. I haven't seen him since the whole cheating incident. I look at him and he looks at me for a minute or more. Then he made his way to the cabinet, grabbed my water bottle, and began filling it up with ice and water from the fridge. After it was full, he placed it on the table next to my keys. I just kept looking at him. How could he not say something? He cheated on my best friend who was basically my sister and I put him through hell the first week he told me he wanted to date her. I wanted to be sure that he wouldn't break her heart. I guess I did a pretty awful job at that though. I went to just grab my water and keys when he suddenly grabs my arm. 

"Are you really just going to ignore me? This is the longest we've ever not talked. We're always there for each other." I sigh and shake my head. He's right. We always talk. It's normally just us so if we don't have each other it would be really lonely. But if I was to talk to him would I be betraying Ally? But if I don't wouldn't I be betraying my own family? I go over it in my head for what feels like hours and then finally decide. He's my family and he knows he screwed up. He gave me space after all right? Plus he has yet to actually be harsh to Ally. That was all Casey. I let out a long sigh and turn to face him with the counter still between us. I think I may need a barrier in case I decide to do something stupid. 

"Thank you for giving me space to think about what has been going on. I really appreciate it." I look at his face and notice he lets out a long breath. I guess he was nervous as well. 

"I know what I did was wrong. But please hear me out." I ponder it for a few minutes and then decided I should. I've already heard one side I should hear the other so I can make a fair decision. Just like my father would. He may be ruthless at times but he always made sure that he had all the information.

"I'll hear your side, but I really want to go on a run. Is it okay if I hear it after?" I look at him with pleading eyes. He never really understood why I insisted on running so early. He always ran later in the day. But what he doesn't understand is that I am a young woman and even though our town is somewhat small, I have found its safer to run in the early morning while others are going about their morning routines. I've tried explaining it to him but it is quite hard to get a man to understand what women go through daily. He just lets out a long sigh and nods. He then lets go of my arm and I'm off on my run. I decide to run in the town today. I don't want to accidentally run into Xavier or Luca lose on the trail. 

Once I'm outside, I take off running. For the most part, it is quite peaceful. I can hear the birds chirping and the small animals beginning to scurry around collecting nuts and whatnots. I keep running taking in all the sights and enjoying the time to think and clear my head. I'm about three-quarters of my way through the run when suddenly my phone starts going off. I stop running and walk over to the side so I am not in anyone's way. I check my caller ID and to my surprise, it's my mom. I could've sworn she was in a different time zone, but it's possible she forgot to tell us that she relocated for a bit. I just shrug it off and answer my phone. 

"Hey, mom, what's up?" 

"Hi, sweetheart, I'm sorry for calling out of the blue but it's important." 

"It's fine mom, what's wrong?" 

"Nothing is the wrong sweetie. I just wanted to let you know that your father and I will be home next week. We should be getting in next Monday night and will be leaving in a week or so. We haven't been able to decide when we'll need to leave."I ended up speechless. Mom and dad have never been home that long and they always know the day they're leaving. They practically count down to it. Small town life isn't exactly what they love but it's what happens when they ended up with two kids. 

"Of course mom, that sounds great. I'll tell Dylan." 

"Actually, could you not tell Dylan. We have a surprise for him. I hope you don't mind." I don't know if I should feel left out or not but I'm not complaining. The last surprise was that they set us up to go on a cruise with some random kids. Apparently, those kids' parents were thinking of joining my father's law firm, and to impress them, Dylan and I had to play babysitter on a cruise for two extremely long weeks. 

"Not a problem mom. Anything else important that you've got to tell me?"

"No nothing else sweetie. I'll see you next Monday." And with that, she hung up. Didn't even let me say goodbye. I just shrug it off and when I went to go run, I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I whip around and see Theo standing there with a big goofy grin. 

"Hey Theo, didn't see you there. What's up?" He just smiles a bit more. 

"Nothing, I couldn't help but notice you and thought I'd stop over and see if we could chat." I let out a small smile. When my mom hung up, I noticed the time. I really should let Dylan explain. I've been gone quite some time. 

"I kinda have to get back home. I told Dylan that we could talk about everything. I'm sorry. Raincheck?" He looks a bit disappointed but is quick to hide it. 

"Nope, not a problem how about this weekend?" I was about to say yes when suddenly I remember I couldn't, I was watching Xavier. 

"I cant this weekend. I'm watching Sean's dog." As I finished, I suddenly heard a small low growl. I shrug it off. It's probably my stomach. 

"That's not a problem at all. We can chat sometime before." I let out a smile and just nod ridiculously. 

"That sounds great. Now I don't mean to sound rude but I've really gotta go." He just nods. We say our goodbyes and I start running home.