Ch 59: Luna Duties or Shopping

Alex's POV:

After the plane took off, Ally and I talked a little more about the LA plans. Ally is basically at the studio every morning for a few hours. Carter is planning on going with her pretty much every time. I think I'm starting to understand what Theo meant when he said male werewolves are protective of their mates. I don't know what Theo's doing. We haven't talked about it. I know he has to meet with the LA pack but he hasn't mentioned it so I think he's just going to handle it himself or maybe it's just not important. The plane was in the air for maybe ten minutes before Ally fell asleep. I ended up falling asleep not too long after that. I blame Theo though. He smells so good and it makes me sleepy. 

By the time I woke up, the plane was getting ready to land. I sat up from laying on Theo, which seemed to wake him up. After Theo figured out we were landing, he gave Carter a light kick against the leg. Carter was a little startled at first but soon realized we were landing. He looked over at Ally who was also sleeping but just motioned for us to let her sleep. I laid my head back and closed my eyes until the guy's conversation caught my attention. 

"You're sure you don't need me to be there with you when you're meeting with the LA pack? I can miss one day of Ally's shoot if it's important." 

"I'm sure. It'll be fine. I just have to go meet with the alpha. We'll chat, talk alliance, he'll reminisce about something with my family, and then I'll leave and meet up with Alex." 

"Alex isn't going with you?" Now that caught my attention, but I didn't do or say anything just yet. I want to know what's going on a little more. 

"No, I think she wants to do some shopping."

"But she's the future luna. It's kinda important for her to be there." I didn't know that its important for me so I decide to butt in now. 

"Why didn't you tell me I had a luna duty to perform?" Theo let out a sigh and Carter just kinda shook his head and went on his phone. 

"I didn't want to add any stress for you. I wanted you to enjoy this trip." I let out shook my head and turned in my seat towards him. 

"But Carter made it sound like it's important to meet with the LA pack."

"It's okay. You're my mate yes. But you're not required to attend this kind of stuff until you're officially introduced to my pack and began to take your role as luna." 

"Do you want me to be there with you?" I was looking for any kind of emotion on his face. I'm still new to all this and I don't want to invite myself to something that I shouldn't be at yet. I want to do this werewolf stuff right? 

"I would love to have you there because then you'd be with me for the whole time we're in LA...However, I want you to use this trip as a trip. Nothing else. Just have fun, shop, eat good food, and most importantly spend time with me."  The plane finished landing before we were able to finish the conversation. And we began to leave the plane. We all got into the car while the plane staff finished loading our bags into the car and all I could think of was why wouldn't Theo want me to attend. Does Theo not want me to attend? Would I embarrass him by being there? Is it because I'm human? Am I not a good mate? Or worse...does he think I won't be a good luna?