Ch 46: Interrogation

Theo's POV: 

Once they noticed us, they each stopped what they were doing and walked over towards us. I could feel Xavier start to retreat to the back of my mind. So much for him having my back. 

"Alexandra. Who is this?" Her father asked. I don't think I've ever heard a parent say their kid's full name unless they were in trouble. 

"Father, this is my boyfriend Theo." When she said my name, he looked at her like she's speaking a foreign language. "Theodore." He then nods and sticks out his hand for me to shake it. I shake his hand and then her mom introduces herself and her husband. 

"Hello Theodore, I'm Elizabeth and this is my husband Benjamin." I shake her hand as well. We stand there and they just look at me. I could sense the nerves and anxiety coming from my mate. I take her hand and look at her. I start to trace a few circles on her hand to help her calm down a little. I keep doing that for a few minutes until I hear someone clear their voice. I turn my head and see her father. 

"Why don't we go and sit down. " We follow her father to their living room and take our seats. Alex and I sit on their couch while her parents sit on the two chairs in front of us. We sit there for a minute or so before her father broke the silence. "What are your intentions with my daughter?" I take a deep breath and ignore Xavier's low growl in my head. I don't think he appreciated our intentions being questioned. 

"Well sir, if I'm being honest, I intend to marry your daughter with your blessing." I sit there and look at her father. I can't figure out what he's thinking. While he's thinking, I look over to his wife and notice that she was a strict look on her face. 

"What do you intend to do for a living?" I was about to answer when suddenly Alex interrupted him. 

"Father, please. We don't need an interrogation." He ignored her and looked at me for my answer. 

"My father has been teaching me how to run his company, so I will be taking over once I graduated." He nods, seemingly pleased with my answer but that doesn't last long. 

"So you intend to marry my daughter and run what? A small-town company and support her and our grandchildren? My wife and I did not work this hard in life just for our children to settle." He then turned to Alex. "Alexandra, what have we always told you? You do not ever take the first offer. Sure he's nice and not hideous, but in the end, you need someone of our family's stature. Not some local small-town boy who going to stay in the small town forever." Alex opened her mouth to say something but was stopped when her father raised his hand to silence her. She stopped and looked down at the ground while fiddling with her hands in her lap. 

"Sir, with all due respect, you assumed my father's company was local. I never said that. You also assumed I would stay in town, while yes I probably would for the first year of taking control just so I could consult with my father a bit but after that year, I would likely consider relocating. Especially if that's what your daughter wanted." He looked a bit annoyed at the fact that I corrected him, but honestly, I don't care. He was rude to Alex. Father or not. I will not tolerate anyone being rude to her. 

"Alright then. What is your father's company? Since you seem to believe that you're worth my daughter's time." He looked smug as if he won, but I don't think he realized who my family was. As cocky as this sounds, my family is one of the most powerful oil families in the world. We have corporations on almost every continent and are very well known in the industry. 

"My family owns 'D Power' but you most likely know it as 'Daniels Power'. We're one of the largest oil companies in the world." Her father looked absolutely shocked. My family is extremely private so we don't go around announcing our wealth and we like living in small towns because one most people don't care how much money we have and two it's easier to shift and run in the woods than in the city. 

Her father didn't say anything and just got up and left. Her mother sat there awkwardly for a minute before her husband called for her. She said her goodbyes and left. I looked over at Alex and she seemed to finally relax. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for such a long wait. I hope everyone enjoys this chapter. My updating for the end of the year but maybe very random. The holidays are very hectic so it may take much longer. I hope everyone has an amazing holiday with their family.