Ch 60: Alpha Meets LA

Theo's POV: 

Once the plane landed, Carter went to and picked up Ally then brought her to the car. I grabbed Alex's bag and followed her off the plane. We got into one of the cars, soon after the driver got in and started driving towards the hotel. While on the way towards the hotel, I noticed that Alex was hardly paying any attention to me. I went to grab her hand but she just yanked her hand from mine. I couldn't stop the small growl from escaping and before I knew it, I've got an extremely pissed off mate.

"Don't ever growl at me again. I swear to whatever god you pray to that if you growl at me ever again. I will ignore you for a month." I just wanted some attention from my mate. I don't undemanding why she's so upset with me. Before I can ask, she turns her head back to look out at the scenario. 

*mindlink w/ his wolf, Xavier*

'Great job. You pissed off mate on our first trip together. Are you proud of yourself?' Oh great now Xavier is mad at me too. Just what I needed. 

'Oh ya I'm just ecstatic that on our first trip together and before we even get to the hotel that she's pissed off at me. It was my whole goal Xavier. Because why should I piss her off back at home when I could piss her off on what's supposed to be a special trip together. That was my whole goal. I'm so glad.' I roll my eyes, even though I know he can't see me rolling my eyes at him but I'm sure he can feel my eyes roll.  

'Fix it or I will give you a migraine so bad that you'll wish you could remove your head.'  I couldn't help but roll my eyes once again. 

*end mindlink*

Before I knew it, we were pulling into the hotel. Ally and Carter got out of the car and Ally went inside to grab a cart for all of our bags. Alex got out of the car and went to grab her bag. I was about to grab the bag but she just yanked it from me and placed the bag onto the cart. I grabbed my bag and added it to the cart and was about to follow but suddenly my phone went off. I looked towards everyone and just nodded for Carter to take the bags with the girls. I walk outside and pick up the phone. 

*on the phone*

"Hi Theo, it's Alpha Maverick. How was your flight in?" 

"Hi Alpha Maverick, our flight in was great. We had no issues whatsoever. Is everything alright?" We weren't meeting today so the fact he's calling now could mean something is extremely wrong or maybe he's genuinely curious but I have a feeling it's the first one. 

"Actually, as you know, my beta has been letting his son start to manage some beta responsibilities. Well unfortunately it would appear that he set our meeting the same day as another meeting. I would change that meeting but that meeting has been set for almost a year and I really can't move it." 

"Of course, I understand. I know our trip into your territory was a bit short notice. When would you be free to reschedule the meeting?" I can't help but pray that he doesn't say today. I really have to get Alex to forgive me for whatever I've done. 

"I'm guessing you guys just got to or are just arriving at the hotel and I would've loved to let you get settled in but I don't have any other time but in about forty-five minutes." Of course it would be now. As much as I want to say and skip the meeting I know I can't. We need his blessing to remain on his territory for the week and my father trusted me to set an alliance with them. My mate may be mad at me now but I need to put my alpha duties first. 

"That's not a problem at all. I can get in the car right now and be on my way." I walk over to the car and tell him we've got to go and meet with the alpha now. The driver nods his head and walks over to the driver's door. I get into the back seat and we begin the drive. 

"Thank you for understanding. I'll see you soon." With that, I hung up and we pulled out of the parking lot. 

*phone call end*

Once we pulled out, I realized I didn't tell them that I was leaving so I quickly mindlink Carter. I also asked him to do something to make it up to Alex for me not being there right away to fix the problem. Maybe I'll get flowers or something for her after the meeting. I quickly shake that thought out of my head and start trying to focus on the meeting. On the alliance. On my pack's future. On our future.