Ch 62: Mate or Duty

Carter's POV: 

After I dropped off Theo's bags, I went back to Ally and I's room. Once I got in, I noticed that Ally was already unpacked and just laying on the bed. I made my way over to the bed and plopped down beside her pulling her into me. I heard her giggle as I shoved my nose into the crook of her neck. After a few minutes, I knew I needed to tell Ally about Alex needing her but I just wanted a few minutes with her first. I took another deep breath of her amazing scent and then I sat up. 

"When I dropped off Theo's bags, Alex asked me to ask you if you could come over to their room." After I said that, Ally got up and was about to get off the bed. Before she could I pulled her into my lap real quick and gave her a quick peck on her lips and forehead. She moves to the door and is about to open it when she suddenly turns back to me.

"I don't know how long we'll be so don't wait up." I just shake my head. I walk over to her and pull her into a hug. 

"I'd wait a week if it meant I got to see you." She laughs and wiggles out of my grip. If Alex wasn't expecting her then I would've never let her wiggle away. I open the door for her and watch as she walks a few doors down. Once I see she's safely inside, I close our room and unpack a bit. 

I didn't even get half way through unpacking before I felt my mate's anger. I immediately knew something was not right. She's not typically angry not to mention, she's been a bundle of nerves ever since we landed. Not that I blame her, this is her first big modeling thing. I immediately make my way to the door and out of our room. I was about to knock on the door when I began to hear what they're talking about. 

*ease-dropping* 

"I know right! He couldn't even face me to tell me that he has an important meeting to do! I thought mates were supposed to be equal. There for each other and here he is just making up his mind for the both of us!"

"You know what we should do?" 

  *end of ease-dropping*

I don't bother knocking and quickly make it back to our room. I would've never thought Ally would be one to get revenge. I mean I can understand that they're mad but I didn't think they would be this mad. Once I'm back in the room, I close the door and make my way to our bed. Do I tell Theo? Or do I respect my mates and the luna's privacy. 

*mindlinks w/ his wolf* 

'Of course we have to tell Theo. He's our alpha and not to mention he's supposed to be your best friend.' I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Of course he's looking at as a beta. 

'I think you're forgetting that we ease-dropped on a private conversation between our mate and the Luna. How thrilled do you think Ally is going to be with us if she finds out that we ease-dropped on her private conversation? And not to mention we'd be destroying any trust the Luna may have in us." 

'Mate would understand. We're a beta first and have a duty to Theo as he is our alpha." Again I couldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes. 

'I hate to break it to you but that's not how this is going to work. We tell Theo and then Ally finds out we told Theo. Not only will Ally feel betrayed for the ease-dropping but then she'll ask why I told Theo. I tell her well he's my alpha I have a duty as a beta to tell him. She then looks us dead in the eye and will ask us if we had to chose between her and our beta duties  which we would chose. Obviously we'd chose her. She then points out how we didn't chose her right here and now. We chose Theo and our beta duties. Then she feels betrayed and we're in the dog house.'  I waited for my wolf's response and I think I finally got it into his head about the whole situation. 

'Good luck with that . Mate would never be mad at me. After all I'm just a wolf. She can't be mad at me for your decision.' Before I even have a chance to respond, he blocks me out and leaves me to figure this out. 

*end of mindlink*

Oh this is just great. Some help he is. I sat on our bed for a bit longer before making a decision. If it was Ally mad and Theo overheard, I'd want him to tell me so I know. In the end, it not just my duty as a beta but also as a friend. I look over at the clock and if everything went well in the meeting then he should be done. 

 *mindlinking w/ Theo*

'Theo, are you done with the meeting?' 

'Ya, we just finished. And before you asked. Yes the meeting went well. We had some small chat about mates. He congratulated me on finding mine. Also told me to congratulate you as well. We went over some treaty stuff and agreed on some alliance stuff. Everything's good.' 

'That's great but I'm not mindlinking you about the meeting...when I went over to tell Alex about your meeting and dropping off your bags she asked me to send Ally over. I did and a few minutes later, I felt a lot of anger in the mate bond so I ran over the room thinking something was wrong.' 

'What happened? Is everyone okay?' 

'Every one was fine. Before I even knocked, I overheard what they were talking about. It was about you. Alex is really mad that you didn't tell her about the meeting and that you didn't invite her. That she thought mates were equal and that you made a decision without her. And anyways that made Ally mad as well. Last I heard was that they're deciding what to do to you.' There was silence for a good few minutes before he responded.

'Thank you for telling me. I'll figure something out.'  Well that was a lot calmer than I expected. 

'Alright. Good luck man. Let me know if I can help.' 

 *end of mindlink*

Whatever he has planned better be a good apology. 

The Alpha's Groomer [Semi-Paused]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara