Chapter 3

Hindi ako mapakali sa gabing 'yon pagkatapos na sabihin ni Hades na makikipag-usap sina Athena sa amin. Nagdadalang-isip ako kung tama ba ang desisyon ko o hindi. Pero umuulit sa isipan ko ang mga ginawa ni Athena na hindi katanggap-tanggap para sa akin.

I'll show her who rules here. 

Hades informed us that the meeting will be in the afternoon. So I still have time to prepare. I decided to wear a white satin top and black trousers. I was wearing my big earrings when my mom called. I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh.

Here we go again...

"What's up?" I said in a tired voice. 

"Ano ang balak mo sa buhay mo, Artemis? You are the third eldest in the Levinson Family but yet you still have nothing to achieve! You haven't proved us anything. Ni hindi namin alam kung nasaan ka ngayon baka naglala kwacha ka na naman!" I shut my eyes hardly because of her scream.

I rolled my eyes. I licked my lower lip while putting some blush in my cheeks.

"Did you call me just to tell me that?"

She gasped.

"You ungrateful child, I don't know what to do anymore! Kulang ba ang pagpapalaki namin sa'yo? Hindi naman! You should be thankful that you were born in a wealthy family, hindi ka nakakaranas ng hirap. Your brother will take engineering, Hadrian will be taking their empire, what about you?!" 

I bit my bottom lip and let out a sigh. Wala sa sarili ako napatulala sa salamin. I gritted my teeth and gripped the phone hard. Is that what makes them happy? Comparing me to other persons in the family?

Is it my fault that I still want to be young? Is it my fault that I still want to enjoy my life? Can't I be free?

It's not my fault that I was born in their family! And I'm rich, why do I have to work my ass off? And why would I tire myself of working if I'm already financially secure?

Low poor people should work their asses off for money but well I'm not. I'm rich, I have money to do whatever I want. I don't need to work, tire myself out and force myself to do something that I shouldn't even be doing! 

I don't need to impress them. I need to impress myself. 

"Are you done?" I asked.

"Seriously, Artemis? Why did you change huh?! Why did you become like this?! Is it because your damn boyfriend? Your toxic friends and environment? Tell me! Are you doing drugs and you're keeping it from us?!"

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa sinabi niya. Drugs? Anong akala niya sa akin, isang adik lang sa kanto, walang pangarap? She doesn't even understand what I'm feeling! She doesn't care about me anymore.

And why would I do drugs? Am I dumb and idiot? I'm busy facing my destiny, I'm trying to find myself from nowhere. She doesn't have any idea that her daughter has supernatural abilities that has to keep from the world! I need to be careful with my actions. 

I felt numb. I didn't respond. I didn't feel any emotions at all. I turned my emotions off a long time ago. I'm done being a weak bitch in front of them. And crying in front of them was the most humiliating and embarrassing I did in my whole life. It was a wrong decision. 

Narinig kong inagaw ni daddy ang telepono. Naririnig ko ang usapan nila na pilit ko hindi pinaparinggan.

"Hello, honey?" My dad took the phone finally.

"Yes, dad?"

"I'm sorry for that hmm? Just enjoy yourself there! Ako na bahala sa mommy mo. You can do whatever you want because I know you can still remember your limitations. Go ahead, and enjoy yourself. Huwag ka magpapagutom hm?" My dad said that made my heart warm.