Chapter 41

ATHALEIGH'S POV

"Attorney! Are you not going to swim?" Sigaw ng mga kaibigan ko sa ibaba habang nasa balcony ako. I shook my head.

"Later, just enjoy yourselves." Sabi ko kaya nagtawanan sila.

My arms resting on the railings with a vape on my hand. I can see the pools and sea from up here, the view is pleasing in the eyes. My eyes went to the girl walking beside the pool, she had shades on while sipping on her juice.

She returned. She looks more calm now.

She looked professional and strict with her posture. The CEO huh?

Good for her. I'm one of those people who is proud of her. Despite everything of course. Who wouldn't?

My phone suddenly rang, it was my assistant. I answered it without taking my eyes off her.

"Did you find it already?"

Nagbuntong hininga ito.

"Naghanap na ako sa buong penthouse mo, Attorney, pero wala talaga ako nakita na sulat na sinasabi mo. Nagpa-suyo na rin ako sa mga interns, baka may makita sila sa opisina." He reported.

I let out a sigh and massaged the bridge of my nose through frustration.

I don't know why I'm desperate to find that damn letter. Two years have already passed, but I'm still affected and curious about what that letter consists of. Ano ba meron sa sulat na iyon? Bakit parang importante iyon kay Artemis?

Mom and others told me that Artemis gave up on me. She left because she was tired of me, I couldn't blame her for that but I admit that it hurt me. It fucking made me upset. She just left me that easily without leaving a word? And now knowing she left a letter to me, it awakens the curiosity, frustration and pain in my system.

I badly want to know what she wrote in that letter. Bakit hindi ko alam na may sulat siya iniwan? Where is it?

Hindi kaya may kumuha 'non? Pero sino? And it's impossible, because I myself didn't have any idea that she left a letter, yung iba pa kaya?

Sa loob ng ilang taon na 'yon, kinipkip ko ang galit ko sa kanya. I promised to myself that I would never show up in front of her again. But there's a part of me that wants to find the answers. A painful question that no one managed to give me answers. Pakiramdam ko ay may kulang sa akin. At hanggang hindi ko nalalaman kung ano iyon, hindi ako tatantanan ng isipan ko.

Natauhan ako sa iniisip ko nang umangat ng tingin si Artemis sa pwesto ko. Even though the shades are covering her eyes, I still noticed she was shocked by my presence. She looked away and pretended like she saw nothing. I scoffed.

She's wearing a dress, then I assumed she doesn't have plans to swim?

Eh ano naman pakialam mo, Leigh? Ano gusto mo iparating? Na pareho kayo?

I cursed under my breath. My conscience is killing me.

I suddenly looked at my bottom, and I saw Thena rubbing her body and tail to my leg. Nagbuntong hininga ako at kinuha ito gamit ng isang kamay saka pumasok sa loob.

"What are you doing outside, fat cat? Do you want bad guys to get you, hm?" I caressed her head. She just made a sound. She's closing her eyes while my hands are touching her fur.

"Did you know that your mommy wanted to see you earlier? After she abandoned you, she still wanted to get you back." I said in a sarcastic tone.

She didn't make a sound. She's just listening to me like an obedient cat. She probably misses her?