Chapter 37

Napakabilis ng panahon na lumipas. Ang sugat na natamo namin ay nagpapatunay na nanalo kami sa digmaan laban sa kasamaan. Those wounds are honor and a remembrance that we became heroes of this land. 

Even though the Olympians decided to erase humankind's memories, we know in our hearts that we did a great job. We saved the world and its people from darkness. We can finally rest knowing the next generation is safe and secure now. 

Our titles and abilities were taken away by the Olympians. Now, we are human, just a normal individual living in this land. There's no regrets. But we admit that we felt sad because we are sure that we could make it, we could be Mythians. We know that we're able to accomplish the tasks quickly without hassle, if only Medusa and evil Rolando hadn't blocked our way. 

But later on, I realized maybe this wasn't really meant for us. It's not our destiny to continue the legacy of the past Selecters. 

There's so many things that happened. Eisha managed to win her judgment. There's one Judge that helped her to win her case. But she couldn't tell us who. She spent in a long coma, we thought she would never wake up but Hades believed that she would. 

Gladly, Eisha, the sleeping beauty, woke up after many months. Ilang araw lang siya nagpagaling bago umalis na sa hospital. 

We had explained ourselves to the public because of what happened related to Rolando. We successfully put him behind bars, just where he belongs. 

We're still adjusting. After our abilities are taken away, it's hard for us to act and move normally. I feel like there's a missing piece inside me. That's why I have to work in that one. Dapat masanay na ako.

I thought our problems would end but I was wrong. 

"Leigh, coffee." Malambing na sabi ko at kumatok sa pinto ng kwarto. 

Nakatapat siya sa laptop niya habang nakalatag ang mga libro sa mesa niya. Palipat lipat ang kanyang tingin sa libro at screen ng laptop. 

"Thanks." Maikling sabi niya at hindi ako tinapunan ng tingin. I just nodded. 

Tumalikod na ako pero tumigil ako sa paglalakad para tingnan siya ulit. Leigh looks so pale and tired. She's doing exactly what her mom said. She's trying to finish all of her remaining semesters in just one month. Gising siya sa gabi at madaling araw. 

I'm not against what her grandmother's wishes since Leigh wanted to do it. But I don't think she will make it. So I'm still hoping that I'm wrong. At the end of the month, Leigh's batch will graduate. At iyon ang hinahabol niya. Miles and Vincenzo are going to work in the law firm after that.  

At wala pa sa kalahati ang natatapos ni Leigh but she's really determined to finish it. I don't know if she's doing this because she's desperate to make her family accept us or maybe not. 

I know she misses them a lot. Even though she's not admitting it, I know I'm the one who's holding her back. 

Sumikip ang dibdib ko at hindi namalayan na tumulo na pala ang luha ko. Nagbuntong hininga na lang ako at sinarado na ang pinto ng kwarto. 

After I cleaned the table, I decided to call my cousin. May pinagdadaanan ang pinsan ko sa mga sandaling ito dahil sa pag-iwan ni Eisha sa kanya. Their break-up has a big impact on us to the point that Leigh and I had a misunderstanding because of them. 

"What's up?" Bungad niya. 

"How is he?" Tanong ko. Nakahalukipkip ako sumandal sa counter. 

I heard him sigh. 

"Stop worrying about that asshole, he just dared to kill you without hesitation." Asik niya sa akin. 

I massaged my temple and stared at the ceiling. Eisha and I found out that Delian has a serious illness before her break-up with my cousin happened. He has a dark side that we didn't know. May kutob ako na may tinatago siya sa akin kaya ako na mismo kumilos para alamin iyon.