Chapter 12

I want to scream and I don't know why. I feel like I'm under a deep ocean that can't breathe. Something is suffocating me. Why is it so easy for her to say anything like that? Am I the only one who became sensitive to her words?

Despite the unexplainable feeling and emotion, I fell asleep easily. I don't know how it helped me to fall asleep that fast. It seems like her words are a spell that pulls me into different dimensions.

Bigla ako naalimpungatan dahil sa tunog na nagmula sa cellphone ni Athaleigh. I groaned and opened my eyes. I looked at the clock and it's only 5:32 am, who the fuck would disturb Athaleigh's sleep during this time?

Pagdilat ko ay may nararamdaman akong humihinga sa bandang leeg ko. May nakapulupot na braso sa aking bewang. Kumunot ang noo ko. Kahit inaantok, tiningnan ko kung sino iyon.

And I was shocked to see Athaleigh hugging me. Her arms are around my waist and her face buried on my neck. Nakapatong ang kanyang binti sa akin. She's hugging me too tightly and possessively, like she doesn't want me to let go!

What the hell happened to the pillows?!

I bit my bottom lip and closed my eyes hard. Now, I'm wide awake because of this. Huminga ako nang malalim at kumalma.

It's okay, Artemis. You're now friends with her. Walang malisya. She's just hugging you...

She's fucking hugging me!

I was supposed to shout at her but my guts vanished when I saw her face. She was sleeping innocently, her angelic face hiding her brutality. Nakaharang ang iilang hibla ng buhok sa mukha niya. 

Napakahaba ng eyelashes niya, everyone's dying to achieve that. Her reddish plump lips were very attractive. Her face is so pale like she lacks blood. How can she be so effortlessly beautiful? It's unfair.

Her lips almost touched my neck. Why do I have a feeling that it's her favorite spot? What's with my neck that she always buried her face into and sniffed randomly?

Napatingin sa mga braso niya na nakapulupot sa akin. Her hand is just near at my chest, this fucking pervert. Hanggang pa naman sa pagtulog. 

Napailing na lang ako. Aalisin ko sana ang braso niya dahil nangangalay na ako pero bigla siya gumalaw at mas lalo hinigpitan ang yakap sa katawan ko. 

"L-leigh..." I mumbled, trying to wake her up. 

She didn't respond but she moved again. Lalo niya nilapit ang katawan niya sa akin kaya halos nahihirapan na ako sa paghinga. At ang kinatatakutan ko ay nangyari na, she leaned her face more closer to my neck and her nose touching my sensitive spot. 

And she was sniffing it! Kulang na lang ay ang labi niya dumikit sa leeg ko.

Damn it.

Sumisigaw ako sa isipan ko dahil sa taranta. 

But it's alright, we're friends. Friends hugging each other like this right? Meron pa nga mas higit dito. And we're both female so it's normal. 

I calmed my senses and looked at her again.

"Leigh, wake up..." I said, more clearly this time. 

Nagsalubong ang kilay niya parang ayaw na ayaw niya talaga na iniistorbo sa pagtulog. 

"What is it..." Inis niyang sabi at ginalaw ang ulo kaunti. 

"Your phone, nagising ako. It's annoying." reklamo ko kaya napaungol siya dahil sa inis. 

Kukunin ko sana and comforter dahil nilalamig na ako pero hinila niya ako pabalik sa pwesto ko. Napahiga ulit tuloy ako at humigpit ang yakap niya sa akin.