Chapter 33

"Bye, Miss Artemis!" Sigaw ni Princeton sa hallway kaya napailing ako at natawa na lang. Ang lakas ng boses niya, yung tipong maririnig hanggang sa ibang palapag ng building.

"Leigh, una na kami." Tangong sabi ni Miles.

Leigh just nodded at him lazily. I saw Dante inside the suite, saying goodbye to our cat. Leigh also caught him doing that, she can't help but to roll her eyes.

"Pagbalik ko may cat food na ako dala para sa'yo!" Sabi ni Dante. Nakatulala lang sa kanya si Thena Mist, parang naiirita.

"Mas mahal pa sa cat food ang pagkain niyan." Singhal ni Leigh habang nakasandal sa hamba ng pinto.

"Ay ganon? Siguro ibebenta ko na lang ang kaluluwa ko para makapagbigay ng pagkain sa pusa niyo." Sarkastikong sabi ni Dante habang nakangiti kay Leigh.

"Just go, dumbass." Naasar na sabi ni Leigh. Tinawanan na lang siya ni Dante.

"And don't worry about your parents, we know what to do." Dugtong ni Miles. Sumeryoso kaming dalawa ni Leigh sa narinig.

Tumingin ako kay Leigh doon. She smiled genuinely and nodded her head. She tapped Miles' shoulder.

"Thank you." She said.

I bit my bottom lip. My gaze dropped on the ground. Every time I think about her situation with her family, I can't help but to feel bad.

Bumalot ang katahimikan sa aming dalawa ni Leigh nang makaalis sila. I went inside and she closed the door. I sat next to Thena while Leigh's staring at me. I cleared my throat.

"Don't you think you should fix your misunderstanding with your family, Leigh?" I whispered. Natigilan naman ito.

Tinaasan niya ako ng kilay kaya umiwas ako ng tingin at nagbuntong hininga. Hindi ko naman siya pinipilit,

hindi ko lang talaga maiwasan isipin ang alitan niya sa pamilya niya. And it was all because of me, and my family.

Ayoko matulad siya sa akin, alam ko kung gaano niya kamahal ang pamilya niya. She honors them. She was a golden child of the Swishrein family, a perfect role model for everyone. But she's ready to lose her title because of me, she'd rather be with me than returning to her old self.

I'm a failure in my family, I was never loved by my parents. I can't shine even if I tried my best. Until I went to the point that I chose to give up. I don't care what everyone thinks about me. The only thing that matters is I'm being true to myself.

We're totally opposite. Our family loathes each other because of past issues. That's why I'm hoping that this love will help us to hold on.

"Artemis," natauhan ako sa pagtawag ni Leigh.

"Y-yeah?"

"Kanina pa kita tinatawag, you're spacing out. I told you to stop thinking about them." Seryosong sabi niya kaya napayuko ako.

"I'm sorry. Hindi ko maiwasan umasa na magkakaayos kayo ng pamilya niyo. Even though I haven't meet them, I know they're good people like you, so they might forgive you if you talk to them properly-"

"Artemis, if they're really good like you're talking about, then we don't have to hide from them now." She hissed.

Nagulat naman ako doon. Yeah right.

"Kung makukuha lang pala sila sa pakikipag-usap, edi sana matagal na kita pinakilala sa kanila, Artemis." Natigilan ako doon. I gasped softly and my gaze shifted to her.

"Pero hindi sila tulad ng iniisip mo. They're thirsty for revenge, just like me. But you changed me. Pero sila, hindi mo sila mababago." She explained without looking at me.