sea foam (remus's version)

Remus awoke the next morning to James standing on top of the foot of his bed

"Ugh, finally," the boy groaned, hopping off the side.

Remus rubbed his eyes with his knuckles, the refreshed white bandage on his hand scratching against his skin.

"Time for breakfast, Moons," James said, slapping Remus's shin cheerily. Remus sighed and tore off his covers as James moved over to Sirius's bed.

"Morning, Remus," yawned Kingsley Shacklebolt, the boys' fifth roommate, who had just emerged from the bathroom in a towel. "How are you feeling?"

Remus paused for a moment before answering. The boys had been roommates with Kingsley for six years prior to this one, which accounted for roughly 36 moon cycles. Kingsley was surely suspicious of Remus's (and later on all four boys') disappearances, but nothing had been said about the matter.

For this reason, Remus was unsure if Kingsley knew about his condition and was too polite to ask, or if he had just grown accustomed to ignoring anything to do with the Marauders in general.

"I'm fine," Remus said finally. "How were your classes yesterday?"

Kingsley shrugged, moving over to his bureau and pulling out his robes.

"Same as last year," he said.

James suddenly plummeted hard to the floor with a large thud, causing both Kingsley and Remus to jump. Kingsley rolled his eyes and began to dress reasonably quicker.

"Sirius isn't coming for breakfast today," James said, jumping to his feet. Remus chuckled as Sirius stuffed a pillow over his head.

James, Peter, Kingsley, and Remus left Sirius in bed and made their way down to the Great Hall.

"I still can't believe you're sticking with Alchemy," James said, adding a disgusted stress on the subject name. Remus shrugged.

"It's cool sometimes," he said. "Like changing the elements and things."

I also have to be good at a bit of everything considering I don't have much say in my career path.

"It's probably better than Arithmancy," Kingsley offered. James scrunched up his face.

"I forgot that we have that today," he said unfortunately.

The four boys entered the dining hall and Kingsley split off to the Hufflepuff table to sit with Dirk Cresswell, a medium sized boy whom Remus recognized from when Dirk would often interrupt Remus and Lily in the library solely to boast about being in the Slug Club.

Also seated with them was Davey Gudgeon, a fellow Gryffindor who unknowingly helped Remus out by nearing the Whomping Willow in fourth year and getting brutally beaten. Since then, only Snape was dumb enough to approach the viciously protective tree.