driftwood pt2 (remus's version)

Remus had never felt so angry as when he awoke the first Hogwarts Sunday to Sirius singing in the shower

Remus shoved his pillow over his face and held it down hard, using all of his tight fury to muffle out any sound or breath or thought. But he could not muffle out the anger that crept from his stomach through his fingertips and all across his body.

"C'mon, Moons," said James, ripping the pillow from Remus's grasp. "It'll be good for you to get out of here."

Remus stared up at James blankly, doing his best to resist the urge to take his clenched fist and slam it through the sympathetic boy's innocent face.

"I think I'll pass," Remus said as the shower water turned off inside of the bathroom.

"You aren't coming?" Peter asked, pulling his shirt down over his head and joining James at Remus's bedside.

"He's coming," James said decisively.

Remus was starting to think James's face didn't seem so innocent.

"Just leave him be," Kingsley said, crossing the room and grabbing the door handle. "If he doesn't want to go you can't force him."

"Thank you," Remus said, throwing a hand in the leaving boy's direction and then pulling his covers back over his shoulders. James rolled his eyes.

"Oh no," he said, reaching out and tearing the blankets to Remus's ankles. "I am not dealing with this shit all year."

Remus decided that punching James would somehow manage to encourage him further.

"Fine," spat Remus, sliding into a sitting position.

But then Sirius stepped extravagantly out of the bathroom with a large smile and Remus's jaw locked again as the anger reset in his muscles.

"You're not ready yet?" Sirius asked worriedly. "Remus, we're going to be late."

You want a reason to be late?

"So sorry," Remus said sarcastically, stepping out of bed and bowing to Sirius. "I'll get right on that."

James breathed out disapprovingly but said nothing as Remus moved to his dresser and threw together an outfit. Remus then shoved past Sirius, quite literally, and dressed rather slowly in the bathroom before taking extra care while brushing his teeth and rechecking his outfit for any persistent wrinkles.

"Finally," groaned Sirius when Remus emerged.

"Was that not fast enough for you, my liege?" Remus asked. Sirius furrowed his eyebrows.

"What the hell is your issue?" He asked. Remus scoffed.

"Nothing," intercepted James, who threw Remus a pointed glare. "No one has any issues. Let's just go."