in luv with u (remus's version)

"Alright, Sirius, bugger off," Remus laughed, pushing the overwhelmingly grateful boy away

"You've really spared me, Moons!" Sirius said again. Had Remus known that telling Sydney Sirius was gay would get him this much praise he might've done it ages ago in exchange for something. Now, though, all he really wanted was to find his parents. He waved Sirius off.

"We'll see you in a week, yeah?" James asked. Remus nodded.

"Don't kill anyone before I get there," he said, backing towards the girls.

"No promises!" James cheered. Remus grinned and waved them off.

"Ready?" Remus asked Sydney when she turned to face him.

"No," she said hollowly. Remus grinned and picked up her hand.

"They'll love you," he said. Sydney laughed smally, still not believing a word he said.

Remus kissed her cheek and then turned the opposite way. He took in a breath of sharp winter air and let the cold fill his lungs before breathing it out, his breath floating as steam in the air. And then, with Sydney's hand still in his, he began pushing through the bumping crowd of reunions in search of his parents.

Remus had grown accustomed to meeting them at platform eight, his mum's favorite number, though it was still never easy to see them through the masses of people. His mum was rather short and his dad, though a bit taller, always blended in with the other dads.

He was beginning to think he'd have to wait for people to start apparating away when a soft voice called, "Remus!"

Remus turned to his left and saw them. His mum was beaming and waving as she stood on top of something to make herself taller. She was still shorter than his dad, though, who was laughing slightly at her while also waving Remus down.

Remus smiled and turned to check that Sydney was still holding onto his hand before shoving a path to his parents. Mum had dropped down from the wooden box she was standing on when Remus arrived and she smiled and threw out her arms. Remus placed down his suitcase and wrapped his arms around her.

"Oh, I've missed you," she said into his shoulder.

"You too," Remus said, pulling back.

"You must be Sydney!" His mum said, turning to Remus's girlfriend. Sydney took a slightly nervous breath in and then smiled. Remus grinned and turned to his dad, knowing Sydney would be fine as soon as his mum forced her into a hug.

"Hi, Dad," Remus breathed, hugging him, too.

"How are ya?" His dad asked, putting his hands on Remus's shoulders and looking him over.

"'M alright," Remus said. "Glad to be back."

"We're glad to have you," His dad said.

He turned over Remus's shoulder and extended a hand to Sydney.