she will be loved (remus's version)

Remus's least favorite part about falling asleep with Sydney was when he had to wake up

Remus's least favorite part about falling asleep with Sydney was when he had to wake up. It meant that it was over. That her head would lift from his shoulder and her hand would slip out of his and they'd have to get up, get dressed, and leave the privacy behind the curtains.

But even then, he couldn't say he hated it. Because sometimes he would wake up first and she would still be loose in sleep, her skin soft and her hand still holding his and her scar red and her breathing slow. She'd be wrapped in one of Remus's shirts or jumpers so that the fabric swallowed her up and she seemed so small and so peaceful and still, she'd be smiling.

So no, even though waking up meant it was over, Remus couldn't say he hated it.

Today wasn't one of those days, though. Today Sydney woke up first and so Remus woke up with her hands, covered mostly in the sleeves of one of his jumpers, holding the sides of his face. He woke up with her kissing the spot between his eyebrows and smiling when he opened his eyes.

"Morning," she said, her voice quiet and slightly high, like it always was in the moments surrounding her sleep.

Remus smiled and pulled her closer so that his face was buried in the crook of her neck and his arms wrapped all the way around her waist until he could hold a fistful of her jumper in his hands. She shook a little in a laugh and Remus smiled again against her warm skin.

"Morning," he mumbled.

"We slept through breakfast," Sydney said, her fingers running through Remus's hair and threatening to make him sleep through more than just breakfast. "History of Magic starts in thirty."

Remus groaned and tightened his grip around her waist.

"Do we have to go?" He asked. "We'll be asleep in that class anyhow."

Sydney laughed again. "Considering I told Dumbledore I couldn't miss class to meet with him, yeah, we have to go," she said. Remus pulled back.

"He wanted to meet with you again?" Remus asked. Sydney's smile faded away and she nodded, her blue eyes shifting away from Remus's. "Why?" Remus asked.

"Theo, probably," Sydney said. "He seemed a little disturbed yesterday when he found out that someone was impersonating a student for so long."

Remus scoffed. "Well, yeah," he said. "I'd fucking hope so."

Sydney shifted uncomfortably in his arms and then rolled away from him.

Fuck.

"Yeah," she said, sitting up now. She shoved her messy hair behind her ears and pulled her sleeves over her hands.

Remus exhaled and then propped his head on his hand. "So, uh, he wanted to meet with you again?" He asked. Sydney nodded, still not looking at him.

"Maybe wants more information," she said hollowly. "I dunno."

"That could be good," Remus said optimistically. "Maybe we'll be able to find him."