begin again (remus's version)

Remus was drawn back out of sleep much earlier than he would have liked by a loud round of cheering

"You three should consider Broadway," were the exact words, he believed.

Remus shifted a little, rewrapping his arms around Sydney and trying to slip back into sleep again. He deserved it, after all.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," someone said. Remus opened one eye to find Lily grinning cheekily and standing beside every single one of their friends.

Remus groaned and closed his eyes again. "Why are they always here?" He asked Sydney. She laughed.

"You're right, Remmy J," she said, stroking his hair now as if he were a child. "How dare you all bother us after I've come back from the dead?"

Remus hummed in agreement. "Inconsiderate," he said.

"I mean we can leave if the pair of you are having a moment," said Marlene's voice. Remus thought this was a tremendous idea.

"Leave?!" James exclaimed, ruining Remus's chances of sleeping further. "Are you mad? Squiddy's back!"

"Yeah," agreed Sirius. "Moony can share, can't you, mate?"

"No," said Remus.

"Alright, bitch baby," said Lily. "You can lay there until we get back with breakfast."

"You can't call me that," Remus mumbled into Sydney's sweatshirt.

"I can get breakfast," Sydney said, her hand suddenly falling from Remus's face and moving to the bed as though to push herself upwards.

"You chill," James directed, probably pointing a finger at her.

"Yeah," Peter said. "I'll go."

"But-"

"Bye now!" Peter cheered, his voice fading as he left. Sydney slouched back down defeatedly.

"You have to be my pillow anyways," Remus said. Sydney breathed a laugh and placed her hand back on his face, running her thumb along his cheek.

"Yeah, okay, bitch baby."

Peter returned far too quickly with the food and Remus was forced out of bed and into a stiff white chair beside it. He had no idea how he had sat in one of them for an entire week because now it seemed the most uncomfortable thing in the world.

"Here," James stated, shoving a bowl of cereal into his hands. "She's alive now so you have no excuses."

Remus rolled his eyes but accepted the bowl.

"Are you just gonna stand there?" He asked, for
James had yet to take a seat and was instead perched over Remus's shoulder like a hawk.

"Eat some," James directed. Remus made a face but James gave no signs as to joking so Remus complied.