over my head (remus's version)

"Wear a coat please, my goodness," James begged with a groan, thrusting a puffy piece of clothing into Sirius's arms

"But it clashes!" Sirius insisted, motioning to the plain black robes that literally everyone else wore as well.

"It's December," James stated unaffectedly. "You wear coats in December."

Sirius rolled his eyes but slipped his arms through the sleeves of the blue coat. James nodded curtly and then turned to face Remus. Remus put both hands, already covered in gloves, up in compliant defense and then twisted open the door.

"I hate Herbology," Peter whined, his arms folded tightly across his chest as they crossed the grass to the greenhouses. "Especially first thing in the morning."

"You're only saying that because you always get hurt," Sirius said sharply, still angry about the coat situation.

"Shut it, Padfoot," Peter grumbled. He crossed his arms tighter over his chest, his face much more furrowed now. Remus rolled his eyes.

"You lot are so dramatic," he said.

"That's what I'm saying," James replied, shaking his head as they slipped into the glass building.

Sirius immediately shook out of the wretched coat, holding it between two fingers at an arm's length away until he was able to plop it pitifully onto a stool.

"Sirius Orion, I swear to Merlin I'll have your head for this veritable exhibition of absolute insolence," James declared crossly. He and Sirius proceeded to enter into an arguing match with unnecessarily long words that Remus was sure neither of them had ever used.

"Dramatic," Remus muttered to Peter. Peter nodded, his eyes wide as he watched the thesaurus brawl unfolding before him.

The greenhouse door opened once more, shooting a gust of cold air through the room as Sydney stepped in. She turned to hold the door for Lily, a laugh bubbling through her chest at whatever they were saying, before she turned her gaze to the room. Her eyes instantly found where Remus stood and she smiled.

"Morning," she said, walking to the opposite end of the room to her station.

"Morning," Remus said back. Sydney looked to his side, where James and Sirius's argument had grown much more animated, and her eyebrows furrowed in amusement.

"Citing the dictionaries again, I see?" She said. Remus grinned.

"Little do they know I've got them both Webster's for Christmas," he said back. 

"What they've always dreamed," said Sydney. 

"Yes," Remus nodded. "Now they can search up the meaning of 'idiotic'."

Sirius and James turned abruptly, holding their fingers up and standing very straight, like they lived in the medieval times or something.

"I'll thank you benevolently to cease such malapert utterances in our gracious presence," James said broadly.