seaweed (remus's version)

After dinner on Sunday, Remus had another run in with Valerie

He really wanted to go to bed. He wanted to slip into his bed and pull the curtains tight and speak to no one. Especially not Valerie.

Maybe Sydney. But especially not Valerie.

But Remus did not have very good luck as of late.

"Remmy!" She shrieked through the corridor. Remus could have slammed his head into the stone walls.

"Ah, the wife," sighed James.

"I'll kill you," Remus seethed.

"Don't kill me!" James cried with a laugh. He pointed defensively at Sirius: "Kill him!"

Sometimes I wish.

"I haven't done anything!" Sirius protested.

"Well, that's a lie," Peter said bluntly.

"Remmy!"

It was louder now.

"I only told her the facts," Sirius said, spinning around and waving in the direction of the shriek.

"And what exactly are the facts?" Remus asked.

"You're lonely," Sirius said, counting on his fingers. "And she likes you. And you'd be down to snog and/or shag. And there's a party on Friday."

"There's a party on Friday?" Asked Peter.

"After quidditch trials," Sirius stated. "Once we name Syd the new chaser."

"It could be Mark," James noted warningly.

"Either way," Sirius shrugged. "There's a new Gryffindor chaser and that calls for a party."

"Remmy!"

This time the call came from Lily's voice, so Remus turned to find the small redhead laughing and walking with the girls to catch up with Remus.

"Aren't you gonna take care of your husbandly duties?"

"No."

"Remmyyy!"

Valerie's claw-like hands slipped around Remus's forearm.

"Wanna go for a walk?"

No.

"He'd love to!" Said Sirius, who had his arm around Sydney's waist and a smile. "See you later, mate!"

Not if I kill myself first.

The walk was dull. Remus trailed after Valerie while she talked endlessly and he answered with one word at a time.

She tried to hold his hand, he shoved it into his pocket. She asked about his family, he said they were fine. She tried to turn down an extra corridor, he said he had a lot of homework and should head back.