CHAPTER 2

Shay

I was walking through the corridor that lead to my room with Rana on my tail. I spent my whole life carrying this empire on my shoulder, while all my people think I'm a man. The load of responsibility and the burden of failing my people and my family was always on my mind but till now I am the most powerful empress ever to live and ever to rule this empire.

"My Lord, your mother princess Shirah has prepared a lady to accompany you tonight" the guards opened the doors bowing down respectfully.

"I don't want to be bothered tonight Rana, tell her I don't want any disturbance" I said sighing, I was working on this new gem. A beautiful green emerald that I still didn't know what to make out of it, a ring? A necklace? I still had a lot of work to do.

"Yes my Lord" Rana bowed, walking backwards until she reached the doors then she turned and knocked so the guards would open it for her. It is disrespectful to turn your back on your empress that's why everyone has to do that before leaving even though she's been my best friend since we were little and she was loyal to me there's no exceptions.

I started to make to take off the small diamonds on an old ring that I made, I didn't like how it looked like. Maybe this green emerald will make it look much better. I heard a knock on the door and I sighed.

"Come in" one of the guards walked in with his head down.

"I thought I said no disturbance" I said leaning back on my chair,

"My Lord, your mother her highness is at the door and she demands to talk to you" he said,

"Let her in" I said getting up ready to great my mother. She walked in with a big smile on her face.

"Mother" I said walking to her and kissing her hand out of respect, she was the only one I'll ever bow to and do this. She was the one that made me who I am after all.

"Shay, why didn't you accept your mother's gift" she said, I smiled at her and explained that I was very tired from work and all I wanted was some rest.

"This one is a beauty I tell you that" she insisted,

"Alright then let's see her" she patted my shoulder and walked out. I went back to my desk to finish my work waiting for the woman my mother has chosen this time.

It didn't take long for the door to be opened and a girl with long brown hair walked in. She was dressed very beautifully in a light blue dress. She was still looking at the ground and standing at the door.

I got up and walked to her and put my hands behind my back looking at her, she was beautiful but she didn't interest me.

"What's your name" I said, still looking at the ground she replied.

"Alicia my Lord" I put my hand under her chin  and pulled up so she can look at me. She looked very worried so I just had to reassure her.

"Well Alicia you don't have to worry, you can go" I turned and walked back to my desk. I wasn't feeling like doing anything tonight so I just declined, I didn't promise my mother anything all I said was that'll look at the girl.
I heard the door open and close again, finally some peace.

************************
What Shay was wearing in media.

-S