CHAPTER 24

Rana

Shereen still doesn't want to talk to me after a week of living together, she was my wife and the mother of my unborn child and I loved her so much but she still doesn't want to sleep in the same room with me nor does she eat on the same table.

I knocked on her bedroom door and walked in, a maid was brushing Shereen hair in front of the mirror. Her eyes caught mine and she rolled them dismissing the maid.

"My love I-"

"Don't, don't talk to me Rana" she cut me off, she went to the balcony and I followed behind her. I wrapped my arm around her from behind and she struggled but I just kept my grip until she calmed down, she cried in my arms and I just held her tighter.

"Tell me what to do to fix this Shereen" I whispered, she fell on the floor and I just kept holding her as we sat on the ground. She looked up at me with teary eyes and sniffed.

"If you love me Rana, you'll tell Shay everything." She whispered kissing my cheek, I sighed.

"I'll do anything for you Shereen. I recognize my mistakes and I'm ready to face the consequences." I said, she leaned up and kissed me. I felt wetness on face as I grabbed her hand and put in on my face. I let my other hand gently rub her belly, our little baby will grow to be a strong and beautiful human just like Shereen.

"Take care of it Shereen" I whispered against her lips as she cried more, she knew if I tell Shay I won't be coming back.

"I love you Rana" I cried on her shoulder taking her beautiful scent one last time.

"I love you..."

My walls were falling down the closer I got to the empress Castle. I can hear the horse hooves hit the ground, listening to the clicking noise slowly ticking in my ears.

Shay

I've been feeling so shitty since my sister and my bestfriend left last week but Inez has been entertaining me. I did not sleep with her, she has a nice voice and she plays the guitar for me. She reminds me of Shereen when she was younger and how good she was at singing. She brings all the good memories back, I mean she is attractive and beautiful but I am deeply in love with Isabella.

"Come in" the door opened and Inez walked in with a sad face, I got up and stood in front of her.

"My lord, there's something that has been bothering me lately" she said putting her hand on chest.

"What is it" I asked, she grabbed my hand and pulled me to the bed sitting next to me. I was still confused with her behaviour but I didn't say anything.

"I was going to the garden the other day and I heard lady Isabella talking to her maid" she started, this was confusing more but I had to listen to her to know what's going on.

"And?"

"I know it's not good to eavesdrop but this is important" she stalled and it was annoying me. I stood up and turned my back to her.

"Speak" I ordered,

"My lord, Isabella told Carla that Rana was having an affair with Leyla and Rey is their kid" I turned to look at her horrified, I walked closer to her and grabbed her by the neck.

"How dare you make such accusations! I welcomed you to my house and this is how you repay me?!" I squeezed harder, she was struggling but I wasn't going to let go.

"I- I have p-proof" she breathed out, her hand went to her cleavage and took a small rolled paper. I let go of her neck and snatched the piece from her hand, she fell on the ground coughing and breathing heavily.

I opened the small letter to look at similar writing to Isabella's. The letter said,

'Dear Rana,

You Shall respect me and accept the fact that I'll be your princess because your's and Leyla's end is near. That poor boy you made in secret will know that his mothers has betrayed the royal family and her majesty.
I have known this for a while but I'll only tell her majesty when it's time for her to know.

With all my loathe,

Isabella'

I felt a sharp pain in my back and I grunted, I turned to look at a smirking Inez and my eyes widened.

"I just wanted you to know the truth before you die, your majesty" she whispered as I fell on my knees, I felt my vision slowly darken as I watched her go for the door. But in the last second the door was open and Rana walked in, the last thing I saw was Inez being dragged out of the room and Rana's terrified look.

*******************

Haha I'm sorry again ☺️

You rn: YOU RUINED MY DREAM JOURNAL!
Me: I did NOT!

-S