CHAPTER 32

Shay

It took me a whole year to realize that everything I saw wasn't real and that I caused the death of my sister and her unborn child. I am the reason of all this sadness, sometimes being forgiving is the right choice no matter how bad the other side hurt you. You need to think about the consequences of that revenge, would an innocent soul get hurt would it ruin someone's life.

The reason why I didn't tell Isabella is that I still saw Rana, she was the only person I didn't apologize to. She did me wrong but she didn't deserve to see her wife and child dead, she served me her whole life, and she was my most loyal servant. I didn't even see her as a servant to be honest, I saw her as family and I won't forgive myself until she forgives me.

I spend my mornings in the barn because Rana and I's escape, we'd always go for rides and just enjoy nature and peace. I go there everyday because it reminds me of all the good memories we had, it reminds me of the days we spent together.

*Flashback*

My father was celebrating his new win and the new land he added to the empire but I didn't like the way he killed women and children, I always thought that they shouldn't be harmed and only those who step in our way deserve the outcome. But of course my father didn't agree.

It was late night, and everyone in the royal tent was sleeping, so I left for a horse ride. Some guards wanted to go with me for protection but I declined.

I went deeper in the forest when I heard a beautiful melody, a sound that I didn't hear when I was home. It was different, it held so much emotions so I followed the sound until I reached a lake.

I noticed someone sitting in front of a bonfire, they had an instrument against their collarbone as they played the beautiful music. The closer I got the more I noticed it was a girl almost my age or a couple years younger.

My horse neighed loudly and it made her stop, when she saw the royal symbol on my hat and the horse she quickly stood up and bowed respectfully. I got down and walked to her with a small smile.

"It's alright, you don't have to bow for so long" I chuckled, she just stared at me with surprise as I sat next to her on the tree log where she was seated before.

"Please continue" I asked her, she hesitantly put the instrument to her shoulder and started playing. She never missed a note, she played like her life depends on it, she played like she was telling a story. She didn't just play, she felt it and so did I.

"What's your name?" I asked when she finished, I patted the seat next to me for her to sit.

"Rana" she said, I noticed she was dressed more manly and not like the other girls from the village. Just like me. I never depressed feminine due to my condition.

"Well Rana, I'd like to hear your music everyday" I said simply, she looked at me confused but nodded her head. We spent the whole night talking about our lives and realized we had so much in common and I took a liking to her and that's when our friendship started.

*End of flashback*

I was cleaning one of my horses in the barn when I felt a cold breeze, I sighed and turned around because I knew my brain is playing games on me.

"Hello Rana" I said to the transparent being standing in front of me. She smiled and bowed.

"You majesty" she said sarcastically, I just rolled my eyes at her but still had a small smile on my face.

"Why are you here again?" I asked her and kept cleaning the horse, I'm sure if someone walks in right now they'll find me talking to myself because I was the only one here, and they will think I'm possessed.

"Well as long as you haven't forgiven yourself Shereen won't let me see my kid" she sighed crossing her arms, I gave her a confused look and she walked closer.

"Shay, I understand your motive. It was a moment of anger and yes I was so mad at you but with time I learned to forgive. And your sister can be a pain in the ass" she chuckled,

"But in all seriousness, look at yourself. Look at your wife, your new born, look at Rey as well. He loves you so much and I know it hurts him and everyone here to see you like this" she explained, I dropped the brush and I just looked at the floor. I felt my tears run down my face, I couldn't look at her. I felt so guilty and I hated myself. I hated what I put everyone through.

"I'm sorry Rana..." I whispered, for a moment I could actually feel something touch my chin. It never happened before.

"I forgive you Shay, it's time to forgive yourself" her voice was faint and I quickly looked up afraid that she'll be gone. All I saw was Isabella standing in front of me with a worried look.

"Shay?" She called for me, I gave her a small smile. She was walking closer until she was right in front of me, her hand gently caressed my cheek and my tears started to fall harder all I could do was lean my head on her shoulder and cry.

"She forgave me Isabella, Rana forgave me" I cried harder and she just held me and gently caressed my back to comfort me. For the first time in 2 years I felt better, I felt like a heavy weight has been removed from my shoulders. I felt relieved....

*********************

I feel better, for a moment I was going to give this book a sad ending but it didn't feel right.
This is not the last chapter though.

-S