CHAPTER 31

Isabella

I refuse to let Shay live her life like that, I refuse to watch my love in a such a pitiful situation. The once greatest and most respected and feared empress is now in a horrific state.

So for the last five months, after finishing my duty I go to her room where she stays the whole time and I try to talk to her. Good thing she still remembers me, I'll make her sit and I'll hold her hand. I'll tell her about my day and then when she starts asking me about Rana I try to help her remember little by little.

"So Rana doesn't have a son?" She asked me curiously, she was pacing around the room with a sad look. I walked behind her and hugged her from the back.

"No Shay, Rana never had a son. She died before she can have one" I explained, I felt her body stiffen and she turned to look at me. For a moment her eyes held a different emotion than just confusion of fake joy and I had little hope.

"Why must you make such accusations my love, Rana is very much alive and healthy" she said chuckling, I put my hand on her face and decided it was finally time to show her the letter Carla wrote behind my back.

"Shay, I know you're there. I know you're hurt, and I know you couldn't take the loss of your loved ones. So I'm begging you when you're alone with your thoughts, I want you to read this, promise me you will" I cried out, I couldn't take seeing her in such state. I grabbed her hand and placed the small letter on the palm of her hand. Before I left her room, I kissed her cheek and wished her a good night.

I left hoping that maybe that letter will help her get back to her sense, I know I shouldn't be hopeful when there's nothing to hold on into but for some reason I had a feeling everything was going to be alright and maybe someday, not today, not tomorrow or next month, someday Shay will forgive herself and she'll get back to me and to her people.

-

Like I predicted, I know it was going to take a while to see progress but I never knew it'll take this long. Shay doesn't talk about anything anymore. She barely says things to me when I go see her. She doesn't bring her sister or Rana up, she sits in her room and writes letters and then when she's done she'll burn them in the fire place. The first few months after I gave her that letter she refused to see or talk to me. She'll lock herself inside and just open the door when it's time for her to eat. Then after one year since the day she lost her sanity, she started to act normal. She'll wake up in the morning and go to the garden or the barn she'll stay there, everyone still sees her as their empress of course so when she tells them to leave her alone in the barn they'll bow and leave. Then she'll go back to her room and take her papers out and she just starts writing for a while or she'll try to craft her jewels like she used to. When I go see her, she'll ask me to sit on her lap but won't talk the whole time I'm there, she'll just busy herself with the jewelry she's making, I guess she likes my company and I'm happy to be there with her.

"Mommy?" I heard my 2 year old daughter say, yes it's been two years since Shay executed Rana but she's been doing alright lately, she talks with the guards more and asks them for things and she'll call for me when she wants my company she even spends time with Nenad.

"Can we go see mom?" She asked me, I sighed and picked her up. She had dark hair like Shay but she wasn't as tanned, her greyish eyes were so pretty.

"We don't want to disturb her right now, how about you go play with your brother" At the sound of her brother she smiled and wiggled herself out of my grip and went to hold a maid's hand so she can take her to wherever Rey was. That little boy was the sweetest, he was such a caring human he calls me Isabella but I don't mind I know I'll never replace his mom, I'm just glad he was alright with all what's going on.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door, I gave them permission to come in and a maid came in.

"What is it?" I asked,

"Your majesty, the empress is asking for you" she said, well that's a first. It was morning, she's always in the barn at this time.

"Where is she?" I asked the maid as I left the room,

"The barn" of course she's there, I dismissed the maid since Shay doesn't like it when they're there. Maybe she just wants my company again.

*********************
Good morning!! I hope you're having a good day!

Also the book is almost over 😔😔

Ps: Isabella's outfit in media

-S