CHAPTER 30

Shay

I was waiting patiently in my room, pacing back and forth waiting for Shereen to arrive. A moment later my dear sister walked in and I ran to her. I fell to my knees and hugged her so tight. I put my head on her legs and cried, I wanted her to know how sorry I am.

"Shay? What's wrong?" She sat down on the floor next to me with me still hugging her, I felt like a little kid again and back when we were still children and she hug me when I fell or got hurt even though I was a year older than her. She always took care of me.

"I am so sorry Shereen, I promise I didn't mean to do all of this. I swear I didn't, I'm sorry for hurting you. Please forgive me" I put my head on her shoulder and cried more. I felt her hand gently pull my short hair out of my face and wipe my tears.

"Shay, it's alright. I already forgave you" she kissed my forehead, her hand rubbed my back softly and we just stayed there on the floor until we were interrupted by someone knocking. I slowly got up and helped Shereen on her feet.

"Come in" Rana walked in holding the hand of a little boy, he looked around 4 or 5. He ran to Shereen and she picked him up.

"Who's this little guy?" I asked them while smiling at the boy. Rana walked closer to Shereen and kissed her temple.

"This is our son, his name is Shay and we named him after our favorite person. You" I smiled at both of them and I took him from the arms of Shereen.

"You wanna go play with the horses?" He nodded his head, I put him on my shoulders and the sound of his little laughter made me giggle. I was happy that my sister and bestfriend can finally have their happiness, how can I ruin this for them.

Isabella

I was sitting in front of Shay's room waiting for the doctor to get out, since Rana's death she hasn't been herself. She's been talking to herself and wouldn't leave her room, when I come see her she'll ask me to go call Rana and that they have to go do some business. When I say that Rana wasn't here she look at me confused and say 'well ask someone to look for her'.

The door opened and the doctor walked out with a pitiful face.

"How is she?" I asked her with hope in my voice, she just sighed and shook her head no.

"I'm afraid her majesty has lost her sanity, I think the shock of what happened made her create a small world in her head to ease the pain" she explained, I put my hand over my mouth and felt the tears run down my face as I listened to her.

"I'm sorry my lady but I can't do anything, I gave her some medicine to help her sleep. That's all I can do" she bowed her and I just stood in from of Shay's door crying, I can hear her laugh or giggle from time to time and it hurt me even more. What are we supposed to do now? The empire doesn't have a leader and we're all women in her family.

Later that day, I went to princess Shirah's room. Since the loss of both her daughters she hasn't been feeling alright, but good thing she has been teaching me how to rule and what to do when she's gone. I don't wish this pain on anyone, losing both your children, one to suicide and the other to insanity.

"Isabella... I am too old to handle all of this  I know Rey isn't the right heir and he isn't of my daughter's blood but you shall treat him as your own. Nenad will be empress, but don't make Rey feel like he doesn't belong. Promise me that, please" she said slowly, she took off her ring and put it on the palm of my hand.

"I will guide you my dear, you are now the princess, you are now a queen" she said, I gave her a confused look. I thought there was no queen, there were only princesses. She got up and went one of her drawers she took out a small rolled letter and handed it to me.

"This letter is for you, Shay has wrote it the day she executed the Spanish Royal family. She had a feeling something bad was going to happen and she had made you her wife." She explained,

"In the name of our law and our empress you are the new leader until Nenad of right age, the news has been already spread all over the empire, they know the empress is sick and is not capable of ruling so her wife is to take control. They didn't question it, or question me but you need to earn there respect" she finished sitting down next to me. How can a peasant girl from the country side rule a huge empire, I remember the first day I came here all I wanted was to leave. All I wanted was revenge but now I want the blood line of Shay to continue. And it will continue...

*********************
How do you guys feel after getting played...

Hehe... Okay I'm sorry I got your hopes up.

I swear I love you...

-S