CHAPTER 22

Rana

As I reached Isabella's door I saw a very happy Shay walking out, she told the guards to spread the news and to keep the festival for a week. Leyla wasn't with me, she went to her room so they won't see us coming together

"My lord" I bowed, she stopped for a second and her face lit up with happiness. For the first time in years Shay threw her arms around me and hugged me.

"It's a girl Rana, but not just a girl. She's like us" she whispered, I patted her back hesitantly thinking all of the things I've done behind her back.

"Congratulations my Lord" I said pulling back, she patted my shoulder and walked away. I sighed and just stood in front of the door looking at the ground with tears in my eyes. I'll wait until the festival is over and I'll tell her everything, I'll embrace my faith with open arms and I'll happily take any punishment she gives me.

"Rana?" I quickly wiped my tears and bowed my head to princess Shirah and Shereen.

"Your highness"

Shereen gave me a weird look saying we're talking about this later. I avoided her gaze and just cleared my throat.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Princess Shirah asked, I looked at the other maids and favorites behind her as well as Shereen and Leyla. The princess asked me to whisper it.

"She's like her Majesty" she gasped and quickly pushed the doors open inside Isabella's room. They all went inside except for Shereen.

"What happened? Did you have a fight with my sister?" She asked, I shook my head but didn't dare look her in the face.

"Rana what the hell is going on with you?" Whispered yelled, well the fact that a small hug from Shay made me wake up from my stupid fantasy to realize all the bad that I have done or the other fact that Leyla's child is mine as well.

"Talk to me damn it!" I grabbed her wrist and I pulled her through the hallways to the backyard, it was really late and I don't think anyone will be here right now with Isabella having a baby.

"Shereen I have to tell you something" I said nervously, she gave me a weird look but waited for me to continue.

"So a long time ago I fell in love with a woman and she ended up pregnant. Our relationship was forbidden but we still went on with it and the kid doesn't even know I'm his real father or mother whatever, that's not the point" her eyes were wider than the mood and they held surprise and pain. I tried to grab her wrist but she pulled away from me putting her hand over her mouth as her tears fell on her cheeks.

"Rey is mine Shereen" I whispered, she gasped and slowly backed away from me only this time her hand was on her belly.

"You betrayed Shay, you betrayed the royal family and you lost my respect but that's not it. You just lost a child" she said crying, what does she mean by that. I looked at the hand over her belly and my eyes widened.

"Shereen please..." I whispered trying to grab her but she quickly ran back inside the castle. I fell on my knees and just cried with my face in my palms. 

Isabella

A week of celebration, a week long parties. Everyone's happy with the empress' new born. Shay was ecstatic that I gave her a baby girl and she's been showering me with gifts.

We were waiting for the Spanish Royal family to arrive, I was holding Nenad in my arms and I was standing next to Leyla who was oddly quiet again this week. As for Shereen, I don't want to sound disrespectful but she looked like shit. Her face was pale and she's been throwing up, you can almost think she was actually pregnant.

Only the women from the Spanish Royal family are aloud inside the harem, so Shay won't be here neither will Rana. They need to meet with the king while his wife and daughter will join us for dinner.

The main doors to the harem opened and two women walked in followed by their maids, one older woman maybe the same age as princess Shirah and her daughter a very beautiful young lady.

Princes Shirah walked in front of them, they both bowed to her for respect. Even though they were royals as well, Shay and her family had a higher status and they must be bowed to out of respect no matter who you are or where you come from.

"Your highness, it is our pleasure to finally meet you" the older woman said with a small smile,

"I am Queen Cristina of Spain and this is my daughter Inez" the daughter bowed bit didn't say anything, she looked annoyed and bothered like she didn't want to come in the first place. I had a bad feeling about her but I kept it to myself.

Princess Shirah introduced everyone to the queen and her daughter, and then it was my turn. I didn't bow to them, I just gave them a small smile.

"Isabella, mother of my grandchild and her majesty's new born." Inez looked as confused as a I was when I first came here.

"Yes her majesty can impregnate the women" Shereen explained nonchalantly but still had a serious look towards Inez, I guess she felt the bad energy surrounding that girl as well.

"Dinner is ready, shall we?" Princess Shirah said, we all nodded and followed behind her. I saw that Shereen wasn't feeling alright so I went next to her and tried to gently rub her back with one hand since the other was holding my daughter.

"You don't seem okay your highness" I said worriedly,

"No I'm okay Isabella, let's go"  she said holding her stomach, that was so weird because all what's happening to her were the same things that have happened to me when I was pregnant. But how can she get pregnant, her husband died. Unless she was having an affair with a man. That can't be the only one she's been seeing was Rana, but Rana can't get her pregnant can't she? Unless she was like Shay..... Wait.

All the memories, the thoughts, the resemblance of Shay's kid and Rana. The same nose, the same eye shape even their smile was the same. It's like you took Rana and changed her into a 4 year old boy, the only reason why you would say he's her kid is that both Rana and Shay have the same hair and skin color but way different features but no one will ever believe that her majesty's bestfriend slept with one of her women and got her pregnant.

"Isabella? You okay?" A voice woke me up from my day dream, I looked at Shereen. I nodded my head and gave her a small smile. What I just figured out was precious infirmation that needed proof, proof that'll find very easily.

*********************

Hellooo! I hope everyone is doing okay!!

Ps: Rana's outfit in media

-S