CHAPTER 3

Isabella

We were still sitting on the dinner tables in the big room, when the girl that the princess sent to the empress came back running.

"I guess she wasn't pretty enough" I said smirking, okay I admit that wasn't very nice of me.

"And what makes you think you're better?" One of the favorites said from the other side, I got up the table and so did she. We met in the middle both glaring at each other.

"I don't think the empress would want an ugly peasant on her bed" she said, without holding back I slapped her. She looked at me with a shocked face and realized all her friends were staring at us so she slapped me back. With that done I grabbed her by the hair and started pulling to make regret calling me an ugly peasant.

"Hey! What's going on in here" the voice of the head maid broke both us as we stopped pulling on each other's hair and we just looked at the floor, I knew I had to respect miss Eliza, the head maid, or just pretend I do to get my way.

"She started it!" The girl said, I was about to give her another slap on her face when miss Eliza grabbed my arm.

"You need to know your place, you don't touch her majesty's favorites" she threatened, I just kept my head down and didn't say anything.

"I'll either send you to the dungeon or... You go on your knees and kiss her dress for forgiveness" I gave both of them a disgusted look,

"To the dungeon then" she grabbed my wrist and pulled me.

"Okay! I'll do it!" They'll all regret this, they're all going to regret the way they treat me. I sat on my knees and pulled her dress to my lips and kissed it.

"I beg for your forgiveness" I said, she yanked her dress and went back to her seat laughing with her little minions. All the other girls were staring at me with a smirk, as if they wanted me to go through this.

The next morning we had the same routine make our beds, breakfast and cleaning then we just sit and rest until we're told to do something. Except this tike miss Eliza walked in with a panicked face, she was in a hurry and she rushed us to get up and stand in front of the room door. One next to the other, she ordered us to put our hands in front of us and look at the ground and no matter what don't look the empress in the eyes.

"Order! Her majesty the Empress Shay!" A tall and very handsome woman walked in from the corner, her dark short hair shining under the lights. She had a tanned olive skin tone a little lighter than her mother. She walked so gracefully looking forward not even turning to look at any of us. Her black and golden robe that fitted her body so well. I wasn't expecting her to be this attractive, I wasn't ready at all. I noticed she was going away and if I do don't something right now she'll never notice me.

"Empress Shay!" I yelled her name, she stopped in her track probably wondering if what she heard was true, one of her servants called her without permission. She turned and her beautiful hazel eyes met mine. She didn't smile nor did she look upset, she just slowly walked in front of me. How did she know it was me who called her you ask? Well I was the only one with my head up looking her way. The closer she got the faster my heartbeats went. I did not think of the consequences, I did not think that she was going to be so handsome and attractive. My head started to get dizzy and my legs started to give up on me and I felt my body fall but strong arms wrapped around me keeping me from hitting the ground. Looking up at her and the last thing I saw were her beautiful eyes staring at me in worry.

*************************
So they met .....

Shay's fit again.

-S