CHAPTER 15

Isabella

By now I have given up on finding that ring, luckily Shay haven't asked me about it. I was craving some roasted chicken with mashed potatoes so I asked one of my maids to go ask the chef to cook me some.

My stomach started to show recently and that's when my cravings started as well as the sickness. My maid who also became my friend brought me a bowl because I felt like throwing up again.

"Thank you Michelle" she handed me some water and I laid back on the bed.

"My lady the food is here" she said, I got off the bed and went to the living room to find the table with what I asked for, the delicious smell made my stomach growl and my mouth water.

As I took the piece of bread and was about to dive in my food I was interrupted by the door opening.

"My lady, her majesty is calling for you" I left everything and got up, I looked at Michelle.

"Michelle you can eat if you're hungry I'll be back later" she bowed her head and I smiled at her and left the room.

A/N: *please listen to the song in the media it'll make everything more clear*

The guards opened the door and I walked in to find Shay standing in the balcony, the faint sounds of beautiful violin was heard. Shay saw me and she gave a sad smile, she reached with her hand so I can walk next to her.

"Where's this beautiful music coming from?" I asked as I stood next to her, she had her arms behind her back and she just looked distressed and spaced out.

"Rana only plays when there's something on her mind, sad or happy, but this one is different it feels like she's apologizing or mourning" She whispered, she gave me a small smile and sighed.

"Come" I followed her back inside the room, she asked me to stand in front of the mirror the beautiful sound of the violin was still playing and It was such sad melody that it made me feel sombre. I felt one hand on my shoulder, I look at Shay through the mirror as she showed me a beautiful diamond necklace.

"I made this for you my love" I grabbed my hair and pushed it out of the way, she rested the necklace on my chest and pulled it up so she can close it. I touched the red diamond in the middle, it's as so beautiful.

"Thank you..." I whispered, she kissed the side of my head and I laid my head back on her shoulder, she felt like home. Not because of the gifts but because the way she treated me and the way she appreciated me. I felt her wrap her arms around me as we both listened to the melodies that still played.

Rana

It took me weeks to find the right poison for Leyla, since she's been asking me everyday. She's slept in my room yesterday and she left in the morning. I sighed as I waited in the maze, it was the only place we can meet without getting caught.

I heard footsteps and I turned to find Leyla walking towards me with a smile. More like a smirk but I didn't pay any attention to it. Before I can say anything she grabbed my collar and kissed me.

"Good evening my love" she whispered, I pecked her lips gently and put my hand in my pocket grabbing the small vial.

"Leyla you don't want to kill her, so please put 2 drops of this" I whispered putting in her palm, she smiled.

"Don't worry about it Rana, I'll see you tonight again?" She asked, I nodded my head as I saw her leave. I hope I don't regret this, everyone is going to think it was just a miscarriage but if Leyla put more Isabella's insides will burn and melt killing her instantly.

I waited for a while then left the garden as well, I went back inside the castle to my room. I had no work today, so I decided to grab my violin and just play something.

I went to the balcony and rested the hallow shaped instrument on my collarbone while supporting it with my left hand not holding it too tight, the neck rested gently against the base of my knuckles.

I took a deep breath and put the violin bow on the strings, with my eyes closed I let my hands and my emotions take control.

My body was moving on its own, the beautiful sounds coming out of the instrument was heard and I just continued. At some point, I felt wetness on my face.

I knew some day Shay will realize I've stabbed her in the back, she'll realize that her dearest friend and closet companion has betrayed her trust. She was my only family but my love for Leyla was too strong that it gave me hope. It blinded me, it made me weak and I couldn't help it nor fight it.

My tears kept flooding down my face as my finger tips pressed on the strings, I played until my arm strated to hurt. I stopped and just stared at the gloomy sky and wished that someday or in our next life Shay will forgive me.

*************************
Have a good day everyone! I don't think I'll have one after writing this :/

-S