CHAPTER 12

Shay

I was so angry, how can she do this to one of my women. I trusted her to take care of them, and my mother didn't do anything about it? How can Leyla be a princess if this was the way she treats my harem. I let go of Isabella and was about to go for the door to go find Leyla.

"Shay wait..." I heard Isabella say which made me stop and turn to look at her.

"... I- I mean my Lord" she bowed her head, I smiled and walked back gently touching her bruised cheek.

"You can call me that when we're alone my love" she grabbed my hand and just stayed silent looking at the ground.

"I have to go now Isabella" I whispered, finally she looked up and her face was different she had a small smile.

"I'm pregnant" she said, my eyes widened and I looked between her face and belly. I know it wasn't visible yet but these news made me so happy, I put my hand on her stomach and rubbed it with a smile on my face. I leaned and gave her a small peck but she wanted more since she grabbed my collar and pulled me down for more.

"I have to go deal with Leyla" I whispered against her lips, she gave me a sad look and crossed her arms.

"Can you deal with her tomorrow?" She asked me, she took my hand in hers and just started playing with my fingers.

"Please" she begged, I mean maybe dealing with Leyla can wait for tomorrow. I grabbed her hand and we went to my wing, she'll stay with me tonight.

On the way there we met Rana coming out of  her room. She saw me and then looked at Isabella for a second then she bowed.

"My Lord"

"Rana, this is Isabella my lover and the mother of my unborn child" I introduced them to each other and Rana bowed to Isabella because she was now going to be the mother of my child and everyone will respect her and bow to her.

"My lady" Rana bowed to Isabella, she avoided eye contact with her at all cost. I mean it is forbidden to desire my women but  not avoid looking at them.

"Why can't you look at my face, are the scars really that bad?" Isabella asked Rana jokingly, I just smiled at her she was so straight forward. Rana's face was surprised and she was staring at me asking me if it is alright to reply to Isabella, I just gave her a smile and nodded my head.

"No my lady, it is disrespectful to look at the empress' bedmate in the eyes" she explained herself,

"Well Rana, we don't want any disturbance tonight you take care of everything until tomorrow" I ordered her pulling Isabella with me

"Yes my Lord"

Isabella

The next morning, Shay already left to talk with Leyla and take care of her other businesses. And I was leaving her bed to look for my robe on the floor when the door opened.

"Oh I'm so sorry my lady" Rana said panicking, I quickly wrapped the sheets around my body and she turned to look away. I grabbed my robe and quickly put it on.

"It's alright you can turn now" I said, she still avoided looking at me and she went to Shay's desk grabbing some papers. I did notice her the first day I came here, she was looking at all of us normally.

"I apologize again my lady, I was in a hurry and I had no idea you were still in the room" she apologized again. I was going to leave right now anyway so why not just leave with her maybe we can be friends I guess.

"I was leaving anyway" I said walking to the door, she didn't have her head down like the other maids or guards because she has a higher status, matter of fact I am the one who should bow to her. Until I become princess that's when she'll have to bow to me. But now she only does it out of respect to the empress.

"I'll walk with you, it's the same way" she said, I smiled at her and nodded. On our way I tried to make small talk with her.

"How old is the empress?" I didn't ask Shay this because we'd be busy. Busy talking about things.

"She's 33 my lady" she said, there's an age gap between me and her since I was only 21.

"How long have you known her?" I asked again.

"Well when her father was emperor he was adding more land to his empire and one of those lands was my home, we met by accident and we just became friends. And she decided to bring me here with her"

"So you are a childhood friend, no wonder she trusts you so much" we reached the two pathways one that'll lead to the outside and the other back to the harem.

"Have a wonderful day my lady" she bowed her head and left. What an interesting human, not as interesting as Shay though.

***********************
I smell something fishy ...

-S