CHAPTER 29

Rana

My hands were still bloody and so were my clothes. I was back at Shay's castle, I have drunk a whole bottle of whiskey and I could barely function anymore. I don't even know how I rode the horse back to the castle.

"Shay!!" I yelled when I reached her wing, I knew she could hear me. I knew she was there.

"You killed my wife!! You killed my son!" I yelled as I got nearer to her room. Her guards took their swords out.

Shay's door opened and she came out with her eyes reder than ever, she had a cold look. She told her guards to put their swords down and she walked closer to me.

"No Rana, you killed them yourself" she said between gritted teeth, she walked closer and looked at my bloody hands. Her face changed to sadness for a second but she hid it and turned around.

"The guillotine now" she whispered to the guards,

"Shay! Look at yourself! Look at what you're doing!" I yelled as they dragged me, this is not her, she didn't even look back at me.

Shay

For the first time in my life I will not be present for an execution, maybe the fact that I'm going to kill my bestfriend and dearest companions or the fact that I was the reason for my sister's suicide.

I killed my family with own hands, and I couldn't dare watch Rana's head getting cut off. I sat in front of the window where usually the women watch the execution and I turned my back to it.

"My lord!" Rana's voice was heard in this calm night, the beautiful moon was lighting the whole place. I felt my tears run down my face as I heard them prepare the guillotine, I heard the ropes being pull so the blade can go up. I heard everything.

"Shay!" Her voice pierced through my ears and made my heart pin in pain. I bit my lip harder so I won't let out a cry of sorrow for my friend.

Then I heard the sound of the blade coming down, I closed my ears as her scream was louder than before. I thought of my sister who's dead right now, I thought of my niece or nephew who was never born and now I'm thinking of my bestfriend who I'm going to kill. I thought of my future without them, and I thought of my misery and lonely life after they're gone.

"Shay!"

I jumped out of my slumber sweating like a pig, my breathing was heavy. I looked around and I was still in my room, what happened? Did I pass out? What is going on?

I got up from my bed and went to the mirror, I still had the scar on my shoulder from where I was stabbed. I was making sure everything was real.

Then there was a knock on the door, before I can speak someone already pushed the door and let themselves in.

"My lord, are you alright? You look flushed" she said worried, I walked in front of her and still not knowing if this was real.

"I- yeah I'm alright" I said, she bowed her head and was about to leave.

"Eh Rana..." She stopped and turned to look at me, she had a small smile on her face.

"Can you ask Shereen to come see me" I said,

"Of course my Lord" she bowed again and left the room, I sat on my bed with my head between my hands. Why was everything so real, did I dream of all of that? Was it all to make me change my mind and my destiny? I had no clue but for some reason I was relieved.

*********************
I know it's very short I'm sorry...

-S