026

Heavily panting, Helen clenched her fist around the cold bullet.
Rage fogged her mind, warm tears sliding down her cheeks. She tasted their salt on her lips.

"Helen?" a male voice called from the living room. She knew that voice. Knew it too damn well.

Her nostrils flared as she gazed towards the door, as though Dean Warren was standing right there.
He called her again.
She didn't answer.
She only prepared his silver gun with those disgusting bullets, and removed the safe. Then, she stalked outside, gun high in front of her.

He turned to her. "Finally, what took- Helen?" he hesitated. What was she doing?
He tried to study her eyes, but they were empty, hollow.
From beside him, a chuckle reached his ears. Dean turned around to Isaac's laughing face, then looked again at Helen. "What are you doing," he asked, demanding.

She only breathed, the gun ready to shoot him and kill him right there and then.
He'd done.
He'd killed Tyler.
Her Tyler...
"You," she snarled, her lips twitching with ire. "You did it!" she yelled, taking a step forward.

Dean flinched, backing off as he lifted his hands. "Woah, what the hell! What is wrong with you?!" he shouted back, angry. "What did I do?" he added, looking her up and down.

"I'm going to rip you apart, you fucking asshole. I will kill you!" she screamed again, and a tear fell on the ground between them. Her hands were trembling, but she wouldn't miss. No, she wouldn't miss.

He shook his head, confused, trying to read her face. What was going on? "Helen, I don't-"

"Shut up! Don't you dare say my name. Not after what you did," she said, a sob scratching her throat like a swarm of wasps.

Again, Dean frowned. "I don't understand," he honestly said, backing a step again.
Isaac kept grinning, as if he'd seen all of this coming. Bastard.

Helen bitterly scoffed, just barely lowering her gun. "You don't understand... of course," she muttered to herself, shaking her head in disbelief. Then, the gun was again in the air. "Lander, Wyoming. November 24th 2019. Ring any bells?" she started saying, slowly - so slowly - walking towards him.

Dean swallowed as he forced his mind to remember what the hell he'd done on November 24th 2019 in Lander. Yet nothing occured to him. He stuttered, "I-I don't..."

"You fucking killed him!" she yelled, more tears slashing her cheeks like swords. "You killed Tyler," she said softly, but not weakly. There was fire in her voice. Burning rage.

It hit Dean like a punch. Now he remembered. That cold night, the man's two innocent eyes begging him in silence not to shoot him, a girl just about to run towards her beloved.
He remembered.
And slowly, everything started to make sense. Why he'd always felt as if he'd already seen her. Why those crying eyes weren't new to him.
He remembered everything. And regretted everything.
His mouth fell open. "Helen..." he started in a whisper.

She only growled, "No, no. No Helen, now. I will kill you like I was supposed to."
She reached him, gun pressed against his chest and their faces so close, but only rage ventured on her features.

He breathed deeply, as if he could smell her anger and sorrow.
Then, the words that had him feeling the exact same way.

She whispered, no regret on her venomous tongue, "I will kill you like I killed your brother."

Eyes wide and jaw cracking, his hands immediately flew to her neck and threw her on the floor, his entire weight dropping on her tiny body, the gun slipping from her hands. Her back hit the ground with a thud, pain shooting through her spine, but she didn't back off, didn't run. She only gritted her teeth and slammed her own palms under his chin, pushing him away as he choked the air out of her lungs.