031

Climbing the stairs of the building, Helen cursed the elevator for being broken.

By the time she reached the fifteenth floor, she was panting, bent over with her hands on her knees, and sweating even though it was still winter. Jesus Christ.

When she wasn't dying anymore and her breath was somewhat even, she searched for Mickey's door.
Thirteen... Fourteen... There, Seventeen, at the end of the hallway.
Helen strode there and knocked.

Silence.

She knocked again, ringing the doorbell at the same time.
But again, silence only answered her.

Frowning, she pulled out her phone and dialed a number. It rang a total of two times before he answered. "Hello?"

"Dean, hi," she said. "Is Mickey with you?" she asked, knocking again on the door.

"No, why?" Dean answered, keeping his phone pressed against his cheek as he watched New York from his office, leaning back in his chair. "Everything okay?"

Helen furrowed her brows even more. "Yeah, it's just..." she hesitated. "You know, I had to come pick up something from his place, but no one's opening the door. I'll try calling him," she shrugged.

"Maybe he's with Savannah," he assumed. "She's not here either. We were supposed to have a meeting to discuss our new deals etcetera, but she didn't show up."

"Oh." That was weird. Savannah was never, ever late. "Well-" She was cut off by a scream inside the house. "Oh, shit," she mumbled, picking out her gun.

Dean was instantly on his feet, tightening the grip on his phone. "What, what's wrong?" he asked, scared. Shit, had something happened to Helen? Shit. "Helen, are you okay?" he insisted.

"I'm fine," she answered, grasping the doorknob. "Someone screamed inside the house. I'm going in," she told him, and ignored him when he started telling her not to go inside.

"Helen, for God's sake," he hissed through his teeth, pacing around the office. Why was she always this reckless and stupid?

Kicking the door open, she stumbled inside, the hinges flying from the sides. She stopped the door from falling, and then silently ran inside the house, quickly but attentively checking it.
It seemed empty, but there was one door closed.

"Helen, answer me," Dean insisted, still on the phone with her. "Christ," he cursed. Knowing her, he knew she'd put the phone in her pocket. "Fine, I'm coming there," he decided, walking out of his office, although not hanging up.

Her steps were slow and silent, and she was ready to shoot whoever was hurting Savannah- because that was definitely Savannah's scream.

When she was facing the door, she took a deep breath. And kicked down this door too, gun lifted towards the inside.

She gasped. Mickey gasped. Savannah gasped.
"Helen," Mickey said on top of Savannah.

"Mickey," she answered, eyes wide.

"Helen," Savannah breathed.

"Savannah," Helen muttered, turning around.

Someone else said from her phone, "Donkey!"

Helen quickly ran outside and waited in the hallway, picking out the phone. "Holy shit," she breathed. "I need to cleanse my eyes with bleach, gasoline and fire," she muttered, rubbing her eyes with her free hand.

Dean chuckled. "Let me guess, you misunderstood the scream," he assumed, relaxing.

"Yep," she answered and then groaned. "Jesus, how do I unsee this?" she said under her breath. Dean only laughed. "It's not funny!" she scolded him, glancing inside the house. Mickey would come out soon with her stuff.