049

Despite it being February, the air was pretty warm.
They had landed in Palermo, the airport so close to the sea they had almost touched the water while closing up to the ground.

Luckily, the flight had gone smoothly. Both Helen and Dean had managed to get some sleep, too.
An hour drive was all it took them to get to their modest house in San Vito lo Capo.

It was plain and very simple, but kind of cozy, even
though it was small. As soon as they walked through the door, they were in the living room with a table and a couch, in front of which there were the stove with a few drawers.
On the door's left, the bedroom and the bathroom.
The best part was probably the tiny balcony facing the sea.

They left their stuff on the floor and went to the bedroom, testing the mattress. "Well, it's comfortable," Helen stated, spreading out her arms and legs. Dean, who sat on the edge, nodded. "So, what now?" she asked, sitting up.

Oddly enough, this place smelled of sea and nostalgia. When she was a child, her family always went to San Vito lo Capo to spend the summer there. After a few years they'd even become friends with some people.

Dean, instead, had been there only once for business. He hadn't even had time to swim in the clear sea of Sicily. Perhaps he'd make up to it this time. Part of him wanted this to be some sort of vacation, as well as a business trip.

"We wait. Right now, Isaac's off the radar again. I'm starting to think that he's visible only when he wants to be," he responded to her question, lying down with his upper body on the mattress, resting his head on her stomach.

Helen drove her hand in his silky hair, brushing his scalp with delicacy. His eyes were closed now. "That's what he's famous for, Dean. Hiding is his specialty." He only hummed. "You wanna see the village?" she asked him, tracing the line of his profile.

"Later," he mumbled, his breathing deepening.

Helen chuckled softly. "Come on. Lie down," she told him, patting a spot next to her.

Heavily and clumsily, Dean moved his body and lay next to her, resting his head on her chest, hugging her waist with one arm. "You're comfy," he said, breathing in her sweet scent.

"You mean my boobs are comfy," she joked.

He laughed a little, already drifting away into sleep. "They are."

She hummed, and then he was asleep. While he slept she picked out her phone and read a few messages from different people. There was one from Mickey, sending a photo of his apartment in Kenya. She replied with a photo of her with Dean sleeping on her chest, writing Currently in Sicily, but the poor puppy was tired as a caption. Mickey replied with a laugh, telling her to say hello to Dean on his behalf.

She took another picture of Dean and sent it to him, saying Acting all tough, and then... Sleeping pretty boy.
His phone buzzed when he received the photo, making him groan in his sleep.

Helen decided to text Isaac. It was risky, and probably useless, but worth a try.

Me, 1.01 p.m. : Tell us where you are and I might consider that threesome you wanted.

Delivered. Not seen.

Sighing, she added:

Me, 1.01 p.m. : I'm sure Dean isn't as straight as he says.

After five minutes, still nothing.

Me, 1.06 p.m. : Look, we both know you wanted to be found. I don't know why that is, but it wasn't a mistake. You don't make mistakes, Python. Maybe we can make a deal. Neither of us wanted to get married anyway, and I'm sure you don't like my uncle any more than I do. Please, answer.