044

No one knew where to start looking.

Where could Savannah - sweet, happy Savannah - be? Who could want her, and why? For what purpose?

Had she perhaps stolen something particularly valuable? "No, she wouldn't steal anything without my permission," Dean stated, shaking his head.

The three of them - Helen, Dean and Mickey - were sitting at the table, the latter's face fixed on his laptop while he typed in numbers and keywords to track his fiancée's phone. The chair next to him was empty, as though they'd all spontaneously left Savannah's seat available.

Helen sighed deeply, chewing on her lip. There was only one person that could want to kidnap their friend. Not because he wanted Savannah specifically, but because he wanted to use Savannah to get to Helen.
Derek.

"We all know he's holding her hostage to find us," Helen eventually told the two guys squeezing their brains out. "Derek has her. I'm sure of it."

Dean looked at her, her dull eyes and pale face. It was like within the past two hours she had completely lost all the positive feelings she had inside. "You think he would do something like that?" he asked, taking her hand under the table, trying to comfort her.

She turned to him, facing him with empty green eyes. "You think he wouldn't?" she replied.

"She's right," Mickey stated, although not removing his eyes from the laptop. "That man's a monster. No offense."

"None taken." She stood up, grabbing her phone and pacing back and forth. "I'm gonna call him. And I'm gonna get Savannah back." Dialing on her phone, she could feel Dean's eyes on her, but she ignored him.

Beep... Beep... Beep...

"Niece. How nice of you to call," the boss of the Abyss answered. Helen could hear the smile on his fucking face. "How are you? Feeling better? I heard you got shot, you poor thing," he said, his voice anything but worried.

Her jaw clenched and she had to close her hands in tight fists. "Where is she." Straight to the point.

There was a short moment of silence, followed by a chuckle. "It didn't take you long, dear," he noted. "Your friend is fine. For now."

Helen snarled, "Don't you dare touch her." Both Mickey and Dean stood up, the former rushing towards her to hear the phone call. "I wanna talk to her right now," she ordered.

"I'm afraid that's-"

"Now, Derek." Her voice was like steel. Dean almost smirked at her dominance.

A sigh on the other side of the line, some sounds and beeps, and then, "They're bringing her in my office. Two minutes."

"I want to hear her in ten goddamn seconds, Derek, or I swear to God, I will come there and rip your head open with my bare fucking hands. And I'll make you watch with a mirror," she threatened him, earning a slight tremble from Mickey. She glanced at him and grinned.

Indeed, less than a minute later, Derek said to another person, "Someone wants to talk to you, sweetheart."

When a heavy breathing sound reached Helen's ear, she immediately said, "Savannah?"

"Helen," she sobbed, relieved to hear her friend's voice. "Oh, God, this is really you," she cried.

Mickey stole the phone from Helen's hand and put it on speaker. "Sav? Baby, it's me. It's Mickey," he blurted out.

Another sob came out of the phone. "Mickey," she breathlessly said.

"Sav, are you alright? Are you hurt? What are they doing to you?" Helen started questioning her friend, hands shaking. Dean grabbed them into his again, nodding to reassure her.