027

When the blonde entered the room - no more than ten minutes after Dean - Helen rolled her eyes.

The thief simply laughed. "Hello, friend," she greeted the assassin, her heels clicking against the dark marble floors.

Helen simply leaned back and stared at the woman in front of her, her tight dress elegant and softly embracing her curves. "You're not my friend," she spat.

Savannah waved her off. "Pff, stop it. Come on, let's go get you washed up," she said, approaching the chair. Helen's attentive eyes were instantly looking for a second of distraction, a moment where her hands were not tied up and she could sprint away and flee, but the gentle hands of Savannah were wise and precise- exactly the way a thief's hands should be, Helen thought. "Sorry to disappoint. You won't be running away that easily," she explained, reading Helen's mind.

Helen snorted. "Try me, Beyonce."

A frown, and then, "Even if you managed to get out of here, you'd have to run down almost a hundred flights of stairs, each of them checked on by impenetrable security," she explained. "You might be an impressive assassin, but you're no goddess," she then added, glaring at Helen.

Finally standing on her feet, kept in place by Savannah's strong held, the Viper registered all the information.
Security on each floor, for a hundred floors, probably more.
She wasn't armed, but again, she was a weapon herself, she didn't need guns or knives.
But she'd first have to get out of here- wherever here was. And then actually climb all those stairs, which she couldn't do without a full stomach and a fully healed body.
Although, adrenaline might give her a little push on that.
The elevator would be too dangerous. They'd block it as soon as she entered it, so it was out of the question.
Jumping out of the window was not even an option, of course. As much as she wished to, she couldn't grow wings just yet.

"Keep thinking that hard and your brain will explode and I'll have to clean the mess. Come on," Savannah interrupted her, pushing her towards the door.

Her body was still sore and aching, but she kept moving, waking up her numb limbs. "Where are we?" she asked again.

"I think you'll get it in a moment," was the only answer.

They left the room and walked down a long and barely lit hallway, the walls dark grey. They entered an elevator and started going up, up, up, until they were facing another hallway, this time more elegant and well kept. A woman passing by smiled as she continued doing her chores. They walked until they were facing a wooden door.

Indeed, when the door opened and an astonishing penthouse revealed itself to Helen, she had an idea of where she might be. "Is this... Dean's house?" she breathed, slowly taking in the expensive furniture, the tall ceilings and the floor-to-ceiling windows that covered entire walls in the living room. Which, by the way, was the only room she was seeing right now, and it was already twice the size of the Cage wholly.
Her jaw was probably on the floor by now.
I don't care what people say. Money does buy you happiness and you can't tell me otherwise, she thought, unable to keep her eyes off the enormous charcoal gray couch, facing a long, lit fireplace, the view on the whole city, the floors pitch black and yet elegant and not oppressing at all. "This place is..." she didn't even have words to explain it.

Savannah chuckled from where she was keeping her hands tied behind her back. "Yeah, I know. It's breathtaking, isn't it?" she didn't wait for an answer. "Keep walking, now. I'll take you to your bathroom."

Her bathroom was not as big as Dean's probably was, but impressive nonetheless.
When the handcuffs came off and Helen stepped under the shower head, her muscles relaxed, melting. She let out a low sigh.
And she took her time washing up. Whether he'd guessed it or actually known from their few weeks living together, there were her favorite shampoo, conditioner and body wash waiting for her. The strong lavender scent filled the bathroom in a thick fog of steam.