041

A/N

I promise I'll be quick. Apparently option D was your fav so screw the images, smut matters more 🤪

Dean's leg couldn't stop bouncing.
He'd been sitting on a chair in the hospital hall all day. The sun had just set, and yet no one had updated Dean on Helen's situation in the Operation Room.

Savannah and Mickey ran inside the hospital wearing elegant clothes, her turquoise dress almost touching the ground as they rushed up to Dean, who was sitting with his hands joined in front of his mouth, elbows on his thighs and eyes empty. "We came here as soon as we heard the news," the blonde told him.

He hadn't called them to inform them of the situation. If he had, they would have come here way faster. Instead, they heard of the attack on the radio while they were going back home after having dinner together.

"Did they tell you anything?" Savannah asked him, standing in front of him. Dean didn't even acknowledge her. "Dean?" she called him. "Hey," she said sweetly, crouching down, trying to keep the dress up from the floor.

Mickey tilted his head to the side, looking at his boss with worry. "Babe, I think he's in shock," the sniper said to her, clasping a hand on Dean's shoulder. "Hey, man, you good?"

Dean shook Mickey's hand away. After a moment, he took a deep breath and rubbed his hands on his face, exhaling deeply.

Savannah's face softened. She got up, sitting next to him to comfort him. "How long have you been here?" she gently asked, trying not to upset him even more by asking dangerous questions.

"All day," he simply answered, his voice low and broken. "It wasn't even ten in the morning when we got here," he added, keeping a hand flat on his eyes.

There was nothing to do but wait. Anytime now, a doctor would come out and tell them what happened to Helen. Tell them that she had survived, because Dean wouldn't accept anything different.

At some point, a nurse had brought him coffee and a chocolate bar. They'd been sitting next to him for hours, the coffee cold. People gave him a sad smile, a pat on his back, a tissue when some tears fell. Still, no doctor came out of the OR to tell him that she was fine, everything was fine, they could go home.

Mickey sat down, too. "I'm sure she's okay. She's a bad bitch, you know? It takes more than a bullet to kill the Viper," he said.

"Yeah. She's strong," Savannah supported her boyfriend, grabbing Dean's hand and squeezing it. "It's going to be alright."

Dean didn't say anything for some time. Then, "It was supposed to be me." His friends turned their heads towards him, confused. "They wanted to kill me, not her. She just jumped in and fucking tried to protect me, getting herself killed. What the hell was she thinking!" he blurted out, raising his voice.

"Dean..." Savannah said sadly.

"And now if she dies, it'll be because of me. Goddammit, why do I always ruin everything!?" he exploded, covering his face with his hands and pulling his hair.

Savannah pulled him to her, resting his head on her shoulder, hugging him with an arm. "It's not your fault, Dean. None of this is. She did this because she loves you," she told him.

At that, his hands fell from his face and a tiny smile tugged at his lips. "Yes, she does," he said, staying on Savannah's shoulder.

She frowned, smirking. "Did I miss something?" she purred, shaking his body with emphasis.

"Hmm... she might have... said... that she... loves me," he muttered under his breath, hesitating.

Savannah gasped, excited. Mickey leaned in, glancing at him. "Aww, look at him. He's blushing!"