029

When Dean came back from the event, he found the Viper in his kitchen, talking with his sniper and laughing as they drank tea.
She wasn't wearing her handcuffs.
Dean scowled and rushed up to them. "What the hell is going on here? Why is she free?" he asked, furious, as he looked at Mickey.

Helen hiccuped and waved off Dean, pouting her lips. "Oh, come on, Deano. Don't be a cranky granny and join us," she said, her words slurred, lifting her cup of tea.

Dean took the mug from her hands and sniffed it. Not tea. "Is this my Bourbon?" he asked, taking a sip of it. "Oh, you little shits," he hissed as the strong liquor went down his throat. "Mickey, out."
The sniper, despite being half drunk and stumbling across the house, left without as much as a word.
"You," Dean turned to Helen.

"Moi, (Me)" Helen answered, smiling.

Grabbing her arm with carelessness he pulled her off the chair, her feet fighting to stay were she was. "You're making everything a lot harder," he snorted.

Helen chuckled. "I know exactly what I'm making harder, Dean," she teased, biting her lip as his name rolled off her tongue in a sexy call.

"Fuck off," he simply grunted, opening her bedroom door. "In you go," he said, pushing her inside.

Helen stumbled on the floor and laughed. "That kinda hurt," she said, lying on the floor. "It's comfy here," she added, brushing the marble.

Dean sighed and walked in, crouching to pick her up.

Helen yelped as his arms hooked under her legs and kept her up by wrapping under her back. Her head fell over his arm, giggling. "Ah, I'd forgotten how strong you are, Deano."

"Stop calling me that," he said, ignoring the shock of electricity that went down his spine at the compliment.

"Hmm." She pinched his bicep as he walked her to the bed. "If you hadn't murdered Tyler, I'd sleep with you. You're hot, you know?" she told him, not really aware of what she was babbling. Dean scoffed and the sound went to her core. "You're very hot."

"I hate to break it to you, but you've already slept with me. More than once," he reminded her, dropping her body on the mattress. She exhaled deeply. "Sober up," he ordered, throwing the covers over her.

"Hmm. Can you stay?" she asked, turning on her side.

Dean's heart almost stopped. No- it actually stopped for a second. Then it started beating so fast he thought it could be visible through his chest, if you looked closely. He swallowed. "No." Even though he wanted to say yes with every fiber of his being.

"Why not?"

"Because you'll hate me if I do. And you already hate me enough." He turned off the light and walked towards the door.

Before he closed it, he could have sworn he'd heard her say, "I don't hate you."

~~~

Hours later, it was seven p.m. Helen's eyes creaked open, her head throbbing.
She shouldn't have drunk so much with Mickey. She did have a lot of fun though. She was glad Savannah had such a great guy by her side, and knowing that they were going to get married made her even happier.

Stalking towards the door like a zombie, she reached for the handle.
Locked. Damn it.
"Dean?" she called, her voice a raspy sound in the dark room. She coughed, clearing her throat. "Dean? Hello? Bathroom time," she said.

Steps soon sounded in the hall, then the faint click of the door being unlocked. And there he stood. Only a white shirt and black pants on, the matching jacket somewhere else. Through the shirt she could make out some of his tattoos.